Anna Griffin sneak peeks

Post by pamcook »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oYDWKJwD61k

Her card collections are so pretty!
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Re: Anna Griffin sneak peeks

Post by nchoney »

oh my goodness... that holly leaf card die.... I may not be able to keep myself from buying that... LOL .. or maybe Santa can buy it for me :-)

egads... and the one with the gifts on it.... might get more use out of that one..
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Those dies are massive in size. They are beautiful.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

And looking at the prices on her other dies, they're probably going to be at least $40 each. I'm not going to make enough cards with them for that to pay off. So... guess I'll just admire them from afar.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

While I agree her cards are gorgeous, my wallet is glad that the style is not one I gravitate toward making myself. Dies are certainly enjoying a resurgence in popularity these days - perhaps they have to be complicated to compete with electronic die-cutters. As much of a fan of Tim Holtz as I am I'm going to have to think hard about his new Santa die set; while I love the retro look of the finished result, I'm not sure I want anything that time-consuming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viWIWjDz6vA
Monica

Post by Monica »

Keitha, you've said exactly what I've been feeling. I don't want to cut forty layers every time to get the image. I like the option of it, but not being forced to do so. And I only have so much space for either thin or Bigz dies anyway, so I'm being a lot more choosy in what I get. I did do one thing last year that I'm happy I did, which was buy the Sidekick. I find myself opting for dies that can run through that to avoid messing with the Bigshot, even though it has its own space, purely because the Sidekick is quick and easy to use. I can't use the big plates in it, but it works great for a lot of the smaller dies.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:Keitha, you've said exactly what I've been feeling. I don't want to cut forty layers every time to get the image. I like the option of it, but not being forced to do so. And I only have so much space for either thin or Bigz dies anyway, so I'm being a lot more choosy in what I get. I did do one thing last year that I'm happy I did, which was buy the Sidekick. I find myself opting for dies that can run through that to avoid messing with the Bigshot, even though it has its own space, purely because the Sidekick is quick and easy to use. I can't use the big plates in it, but it works great for a lot of the smaller dies.

Monica I’ve considered often getting a Sidekick but then I’ve also considered getting the Gemini Jr. LOL. I’ve got the big BigShot Plus taking up space on my desk but use it often.

Just watched her video...yikes! That’s a lot of stuff and it’s the first preview of 3!!! I did like the last set of blue metallic and blue matte cardstock. Nice. And I like the Nutcracker set with the ballet dancer. That’s a lot of cutting, layering and assembling though. I’m sticking with my Catherine Pooler holiday stamps that just arrived...it will do the job.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Monica wrote:Keitha, you've said exactly what I've been feeling. I don't want to cut forty layers every time to get the image. I like the option of it, but not being forced to do so. And I only have so much space for either thin or Bigz dies anyway, so I'm being a lot more choosy in what I get. I did do one thing last year that I'm happy I did, which was buy the Sidekick. I find myself opting for dies that can run through that to avoid messing with the Bigshot, even though it has its own space, purely because the Sidekick is quick and easy to use. I can't use the big plates in it, but it works great for a lot of the smaller dies.
If the Sidekick encourages you to use your dies more it's a good investment. I've only got a Cuttlebug for manual dies and so far it works for me. A bit lighter to lift on/off the table and takes the regular-size Bigz - not to mention the plethora of embossing folders I own when I remember to use them. Actually, I should probably purge the ones I have never used or will use - that would cut the pile down by about half.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha wrote:
If the Sidekick encourages you to use your dies more it's a good investment. I've only got a Cuttlebug for manual dies and so far it works for me. A bit lighter to lift on/off the table and takes the regular-size Bigz - not to mention the plethora of embossing folders I own when I remember to use them. Actually, I should probably purge the ones I have never used or will use - that would cut the pile down by about half.

:lol: Re embossing folders! When I did my big purge a few months ago I totally forgot about them. And that’s the problem. I rarely think to use them.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Keitha wrote:
I had a Cuttlebug (original model), but the roller bar warped after so many years of use that it wasn't cutting thin dies evenly. That's why I ended up with the Bigshot and Sidekick. If it wasn't for that I'd still be using the Cuttlebug. I loved how compact it was when not in use, and the lighter weight! I've a handful of unused plates for it because I bought extras on clearance a few years back. Maybe I should send them to you...

As for embossing folders, I really need to purge those and put the drawers they are in to better use! :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That video is the first time I'veseen Anna Griffin and her releases for Christmas. Wow, too fancy for me to send but I'd love to see what she would design with a clean modern style.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I like having the Sidekick handy when I'm working with alphabet dies, especially. Since it's a smaller cutting pad, it's great for those little dies.. and less turns of the handle, too LOL

they have them show up in Tuesday Morning every so often for around $25 ... sometimes just with the clear plates for the sizzlets dies ... and then you can just get a set of the thicker aqua plates for using with thinlets or wafer dies
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

You're all being so good after watching those videos, and here I am wondering if that large die will fit in my Vagabond. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com