PAO’er Play is coming!

pamcook

PAO’er Play is coming!

Post by pamcook »

Okay, it’s all a cheesy take on the Calvinball event but it’s all for fun, right?

Keep an eye on this thread. I’ll update this post as the month passes by so we can be ready to start earning points on October 1. The event begins the morning of 10/1 and goes through midnight 10/31 (Pacific time).
You will keep track of your own points. And NO prizes will be awarded (since no one among us needs more stuff!). Bragging rights is the best reward anyway.
This will be open to any type of paper crafting - heck - quilters are welcome to modify the posts.

Yes - there will be bonus points.

In the mean time, print some photos, cut some cards, organize your stash, clear off your desk, stock up on your favorite snacks and beverages. Check your adhesive supplies.

From Day 1, you’ll can earn 1 point for each of the following -
Your first layout (or 4 cards), each scrapbook page (or set of cards) you post on PAO, Facebook, Instagram, or your own blog, use of bling, use of stars, use of green, creative cover up of a mistake, use of floral paper, and every time you comment on 5 posts from other participants (yes, that means 10 comments will equal 2 points). Yes, these points are stackable - a star cut from green floral paper will equal 3 points. HOWEVER - some days I’ll suspend the stackable feature so grab those points while you can!
1/2 points will be awarded for each TN page, art journal page, or planner page.
1 bonus point awarded for the first project you post for PAO’er Play.
Questions? It really is fun and a great way to get familiar with your stash again.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Re: PAO’er Play is coming!

Post by paddlegal »

:lol: I’m not sure I am following this but I’ll give it a go with cards and bujo pages even if they’re only worth 1/2 a point.

Sounds fun Pam and now that we’ve “all” cleared out our rooms we should be set for October, right?
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

1/2 point for the basic page. When you use all the stuff and post comments, there’s a minimum of about 10 points.
It takes a bit of thinking to “get it” but as the month progresses, it makes more sense.
Each day I’ll add more ways to earn points.

Once I answer all the questions from this post, I’ll add more information. 8-)
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I've seen Calvinball mentioned before, but didn't know what it was and I'm going to have to read your original post a few times before I totally understand the point system. But, I think it will be easier for me if I make my pages and cards and then figure out if I get any points. I can always throw an extra embellishment on at the end.

Either way, it sounds like fun.

Thanks, Pam, for keeping us motivated.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I’ll make a sample page tomorrow and post how to add the points.
It’s supposed to be a bit chaotic - that’s what keeps it fun and interesting. Expect curve balls along the way. ;)
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Sounds complicated! I do have some cards to make and that album I started at ReCreate for the Airedale Rescue album. Not to mention some Christmas ornaments. Glad this isn't until Oct. I'll be back home mid September, going to Seattle tomorrow then LA then train to NOLA then fly home.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Hopefully all will be well here and I'll be able to scrap... and I have plenty of things that will be ready to be scrapped!! And I'll be ready for some fun!!! Whooohhooooo!!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Sounds like fun, Pam. Not sure how much I'll manage to participate as I'll be away working again in October - but I figure anything I get done is better than nothing, right? And I'll certainly enjoy sneaking on the board at work and seeing what others post.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It seems my instructions aren’t all that clear (imagine that!).
Bear with me - working on a sample page now.

Sample page earns -
1 point for first page of the event
1 point for layout posted in the thread
1 point for using stars
1 point for floral paper
1 point for green on page
(I could have used green floral paper for stars and earned 3 points that way)
1 point for enamel dots
1 point for posting on FB Scrapbooking is my Superpower group
1 point for posting on Instagram
1 point for posting posting on PAO’s Facebook group
1 point for creatively covering a mistake (under the sticker with date & location)
876D264B-11A4-40A2-89B0-5D3AEC8B494E.jpeg
876D264B-11A4-40A2-89B0-5D3AEC8B494E.jpeg (164.1 KiB) Viewed 676 times
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Was my example helpful?
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Somehow I missed seeing your sample page. Yes, very helpful and I love the page, too. I love that paper and your embellishments. But, that photo..... Too cute.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

There will be daily updates for how to earn points.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Take some time this week to pull out supplies you intend to use and somehow never do. A pack of die cuts? A stamp set? A paper collection?
The month will go quickly and with all the opportunities to earn points every.single.day. - what better time to use those neglected supplies?

Put those supplies front and center on your desk and let them inspire you!
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I need to start digging through all the plastic totes I threw things into pre-Dorian. But that'll have to be after September at least.... still activity out there in the Atlantic. But maybe this will be a good time to catch up with Chevie's photos.... just need to find where I stuck that stack... LOL Most of the dog-related supplies are in their own container :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I’m ignoring the Atlantic. A friend posted a meme that said being under hurricane watch is like being stalked by a turtle. JK about ignoring it. You know me better.

For those planning to join in - the list I posted with my sample will be the basic daily list. Every day will bring some changes.
Pam Cook #48