Dorian forecast

Keitha

Re: Dorian forecast

Post by Keitha »

As if the hurricane threat isn't enough, now y'all have to contend with tornadoes? Thinking of Debi especially this morning, and hope the storm isn't any worse than you're prepared for.

Norwegian have announced we'll head to the Bahamas, although with just one port stop overnight in Nassau and sea days both coming and going. As I know tourist dollars are vital to that economy I'm glad we're still headed there, albeit with a modified itinerary. It also provides an opportunity for the ship to take hurricane relief supplies for nearby Freeport. Personally, I'm also curious to experience an overnight port stop to know if it's something I'll embrace on future cruises. It'll be nice not to have to worry about being back on board by a certain time on the day we arrive.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yep. Flooding and tornadoes. Yay us.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Just looked at the projected path and it looks like the eye will be to the east of us. Hope that trend continues!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Think I'll stay on my side of the continent... You're all welcome to visit!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

It finally took that turn to the NE and hope it continues to move more to the east. The Outer Banks need a rest!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Raining here and breezy. Supposed to rain until mid morning tomorrow. No strong winds so far.
Pam Cook #48
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Thinking of you, Debi, and hope everyone stays safe.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

The Outer Banks are covered by the storm now. The eye wall was over Ocracoke early this morning and (according to our local news) moving up Hatteras Island. Category 1 hurricanes are surprisingly strong. I heard from Debi last night. She was hoping to gets some sleep. They were feeling relatively safe at Looney Dunes.
Over 20 tornadoes reported. Pam P got a lot more rain than we did. While we could use more rain, I’m thankful we’ve not had any damaging storms here.

Here’s a screen shot from a few minutes ago (Outer Banks). The eye is the almost full circle purple area. Debi is roughly under the 76/77 degree markers just above it. Very hard to tell with all the radar overlay.
Attachments
29F88F66-D729-45D5-ADDE-D78ED50FD06F.jpeg
29F88F66-D729-45D5-ADDE-D78ED50FD06F.jpeg (86.37 KiB) Viewed 248 times
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Good morning! We're doing ok so far. Chevie isn't fully calm so we had several potty trips during the night. Amazingly it wasn't raining at all or was just a drizzle. We still have power so that's good too.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

glad you're ok
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Debi said power went out at 8. Ocracoke has extensive flooding. Easterly winds are bad, she’s dreading the westerly winds.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

We had rain all night, but nothing ridiculous. A few limbs down but nothing serious.

I was wondering how Debi is faring. Glad you're staying in touch with her so we can get updates. You're right, Pam, even a Cat 1 can cause a lot of damage, especially on the barrier islands.

On a lighter note, the red Jeep has certainly kept us all entertained during this!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

How about that red Jeep :lol: ! No matter what, Debi hasn't lost her sense of humor - she texted me last night that she was sure they'd be okay as Jim Cantore hadn't showed up on the OBX!! Stay safe and dry, Debi :happy94:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Glad to hear everyone's safe thus far. And thanks for keeping us apprised about Debi, Pam!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pbp908 wrote:We had rain all night, but nothing ridiculous. A few limbs down but nothing serious.

I was wondering how Debi is faring. Glad you're staying in touch with her so we can get updates. You're right, Pam, even a Cat 1 can cause a lot of damage, especially on the barrier islands.

On a lighter note, the red Jeep has certainly kept us all entertained during this!

I’m guessing you are referring to the red SUV that was in the Ocean? And idiots standing in front of it to do selfies? Crazy people.
FARLEY in Sacramento