rambling...

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

rambling...

Post by Monica »

So, I have a houseguest named Emily for several months while she saves money and looks for an apartment in the area. They can't build fast enough for the demand in this area, and as she works about 2 blocks from where I do, I drop her off on the way each morning and pick her up at night.

Emily is essentially me twenty years younger, nerd crafty scifi Disney girl. It's entertaining, and fun to have someone there full-time to craft with. She's also one of my writing partners, so we hash out story stuff during the drive, making dinner, or whenever.

DH is fine with having her there, but my cat... she's just completely freaked and it's been over three weeks. :lol: Hopefully she gets over herself soon.

My purge through the entire house earlier this year was to make room for her and de-clutter all in one, although having her here has also been helpful as I continue to purge through craft stuff. She's gained a fair amount of papers from me purging mine. :lol:

DH and I also took an eight day trip the end of June to road trip through Montana, down into the Black Hills of South Dakota, and back through Wyoming and Idaho, see some stuff we haven't before, visit with my niece, and just enjoy this beautiful country. (and create more photos to scrap.... :tomato: )

Anyway, all that is why I haven't been as active on the forum as I could be. Too much distraction at home! I am getting back into actually scrapbooking again, and as soon as I get around to taking photos of the pages completed I'll get them posted.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Re: rambling...

Post by pbp908 »

Life happens - enjoy it!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

It all sounds like fun, Monica. I'd do that trip we did through that area anytime. We really liked Montana.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Lots going on for sure. Very nice of you to take your friend into your home, leap of faith as it were. Good to know you have someone to share your many creative endeavors with. Enjoy all that is happening.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Live first.

My daughter and her family have been here 3 weeks and the cats are still pissed.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Put Emily in charge of cat food and treats.... maybe that'll win the cat over :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wow Monica, you are one great friend to this girl. I like Debi’s idea of having her take over the care and feeding of kitty. Hope some kind of housing for her comes up soon.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

That would work aside from her food being in our bedroom. :lol: Belle actually came out last night and pestered me a bit per her usual, so I'm hopeful this means she's finally adjusting.

As for letting Emily stay with us... that's how I was raised. Family or friend in need? You step up and help however you can. *shrug* DH and I feel the same way about it, and she's not a demanding houseguest. It's nice to have someone else who cooks a couple nights a week!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin