Purge- Week Whatever?

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
pbp908

Purge- Week Whatever?

Post by pbp908 »

Today it's stamps. Lots and lots of stamps. Lots from Unity to Creative Memories to Artistic Outpost and beyond. All are either clear cling or rubber mounted on cling mount.

If anyone's interested, I'll scan the sheets and post.

If these were shiny I'd swear I'm a magpie!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Re: Purge- Week Whatever?

Post by paddlegal »

:lol:

Good luck Pam!

I’m still in 12 X 12 paper conundrum.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'd say put them on Craig's List, Pam!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I felt so guilty when a I started thinking about how much money I spent on stamps that were mostly never used. They’re dramatically reduced in number now and I’m doing my best to use more of them. If not, they’re going to get thinned out again.

Good luck Pam - you can do it!
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

pamcook wrote:I felt so guilty when a I started thinking about how much money I spent on stamps that were mostly never used. They’re dramatically reduced in number now and I’m doing my best to use more of them. If not, they’re going to get thinned out again.
That's exactly how I felt going through my CS stamps and purging them. I've done the FB CS sell page and gotten rid of a few, now it's down to letting a friend post them on ebay or just donating them. I want them out of the house. :lol:
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I had a HUGE tote full that went to art teacher, so glad and don’t miss them. They were 99% Club Scrap wood mounted.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Monica wrote:
pamcook wrote:I felt so guilty when a I started thinking about how much money I spent on stamps that were mostly never used. They’re dramatically reduced in number now and I’m doing my best to use more of them. If not, they’re going to get thinned out again.
That's exactly how I felt going through my CS stamps and purging them. I've done the FB CS sell page and gotten rid of a few, now it's down to letting a friend post them on ebay or just donating them. I want them out of the house. :lol:
Exactly how I felt. I just wanted them gone.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I only have a handful of wood-mounted stamps at this point.... but all my older CS and Stampin' Up stamps are unmounted and in 3-ring binders and I don't look at them much. So.... I need to pull them out and figure out what I still want to use.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

We have to allow and acknowledge to ourselves that our tastes change through the years along with stamping trends. It’s ok to purge as things change. These days I only purchase clear stamp sets. I don’t even like the cling mount anymore. And if you were anything like me, I had ALL of the CS unmounted rubber that I then invested $$ and time mounting them on foam. I didn’t like the hook & latch method or the sticky glue idea. I unloaded the majority of those stamps years ago at my LSS garage sale. I wish she was having one next week! I do still have a pile of wood mounted stamps and I don’t use them.

Back to my paper purge...
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I was like you with the CS stamps, Farley, although mine were all sticky glue. And I unmounted all of my WM stamps years back, although I've acquired a few special WM ones since, like the ones I got from New Zealand. ;)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I need to get back to the paper purging, but the stamps were talking to me. :lol: At this point I need a bigger box.

Talked with Bonnie this afternoon. She's going to come and dig through all of this to see if there's anything she wants. I thought I'd offer all of the CS stamps as a RAK on the marketplace site, and then RAK any Unity stamps left on their FB page. That'll still leave a lot and I'm not sure what to do with them. Maybe a donation to Habitat reStore? There's also a local ceramic store downtown that is interested in a few things. I had contacted the art teacher at the HS to see if she was interested but no-go there.

It's disheartening to find that you've spent all of that money on things and nobody wants them. What does that tell you about our spending habits??? :lol:
Pam P.

pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Finished all of the stamps except for the wood mounted. Turned my attention to the huge box of die cuts that I have and now have only a small box of them. Sooner or later I need to look at the flowers and other embellishments, but that's another day, Scarlett.
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Once I get the random 12x12 papers put somewhere I am taking a break. But I feel like I did some really worthwhile purging this month. Now to dispose of it one way or another.
FARLEY in Sacramento
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

I've been reorganising some of my craft things. I bought some sheets of the black magnetic stuff and used it in empty CD cases to store my dies. They stand in a basket, which imakes it easy to see what I've got.
I have also un-mounted all my wood-mounted stamps. I have just kept a few of the blocks for decoration on a narrow shelf, but I hope I'll make more use of the stamps now.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote:Finished all of the stamps except for the wood mounted. Turned my attention to the huge box of die cuts that I have and now have only a small box of them. Sooner or later I need to look at the flowers and other embellishments, but that's another day, Scarlett.
Pam, would you send me a photo of your Unity stamps? I might want some of them.
Pam Cook #48