Earthquake in CA

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Earthquake in CA

Post by pamcook »

Farley, Nancy, and Nancie I hope you’re all okay. I realize the epicenter of both quakes are a distance from all of you but reports are they could be felt from Sacramento to Las Vegas.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Re: Earthquake in CA

Post by nchoney »

Saw a post on FB from Farley.... sounds like she's ok.. but they felt it where she lives.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Yes we are fine. We did feel it. It was a roller that lasted about 30 seconds. Then we also felt one jolt. We have two hanging lamps downstairs and they were swinging pretty good. Nancie Wood on FB said she’s fine and I think she said she didn’t feel it.

I grew up in the East Bay Area and experienced multiple quakes living close to the Hayward Fault. We had a crack over our dining room door that we considered our own personal Richter scale. My dad was an architect with a specialty in seismic safety construction in hospitals. He’d guess the magnitude and was usually spot on, LOL.

Regardless the magnitude it is always a bit unsettling. We felt nothing last night after that big one. The town of Searles Valley and Ridgecrest are really in the middle of nowhere. But those two communities got hit pretty hard.
FARLEY in Sacramento
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

We didn't feel a thing. I did look outside a few minutes after I heard about it the pool had some waves in it. Not sure if it was from the wind or earthquake!