Purge - Week 1

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
pbp908

Purge - Week 1

Post by pbp908 »

Thought I'd share what I'm going to go through this week - fibers, brads, eyelets and trinkets. I'll keep some of it, but the bulk is going.

There are 9 of the large white containers full of color sorted fibers, brads and eyelets. Each container has approximately 20 smaller containers inside. The purple tote has 7 containers with individual spaces in each. There are color separated brads and eyelets in each. The large container is full of embellishments, buttons, etc. which I haven't used in ages.
DSC00216.JPG
DSC00216.JPG (160.09 KiB) Viewed 525 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pbp908

Re: Purge - Week 1

Post by pbp908 »

Close ups of the containers. If anyone sees anything they want, please let me know before they go into file 13. ;) Wanna bet all of this will be the next "thing" again as soon as it's gone?? :lol:
DSC00217.JPG
DSC00217.JPG (151.69 KiB) Viewed 524 times
DSC00219.JPG
DSC00219.JPG (110.82 KiB) Viewed 524 times
DSC00220.JPG
DSC00220.JPG (171.58 KiB) Viewed 524 times
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Great place to start Pam. At some point I’ll get to my bins of doodads. What really scares me to go through are my beads. But that will have to be much later in the plan. The problem I often have going through any of the things we want to purge is that I start creating projects and cards in my head and keep stuff.

Be brutal Pam.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Good choice! And you're reminding me that that when I purged earlier this year I didn't actually go through that kind of stuff. Might have to tackle that this month. ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam, you’d be shocked at what all has gone in my trash bin, recycle bin, and donation bin.

I haven’t missed a single thing.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

At this point the 9 white containers are empty and the other one only has a little bit in the top section! I was able to eliminate enough in the other storage bag to put in the things I want to keep.

If anyone is interested, I have a zip lock bag full of fibers, one of eyelets, one of brads, and another one of metallic embellishments if anyone is interested.

Tomorrow's project is to go through my ribbons and fibers boxes and pare them down to what I'm going to keep. If I get through that quickly I'll make my way through stamps and ink pads. Mind you I'm only working on what's in the closet right now, which is where I always run out of steam. Working backwards this time might be the key!
Pam P.

4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

pbp908 wrote:At this point the 9 white containers are empty and the other one only has a little bit in the top section! I was able to eliminate enough in the other storage bag to put in the things I want to keep.

If anyone is interested, I have a zip lock bag full of fibers, one of eyelets, one of brads, and another one of metallic embellishments if anyone is interested.

Tomorrow's project is to go through my ribbons and fibers boxes and pare them down to what I'm going to keep. If I get through that quickly I'll make my way through stamps and ink pads. Mind you I'm only working on what's in the closet right now, which is where I always run out of steam. Working backwards this time might be the key!
if you still have these I'm interested in

bag of brads and metallic embellishments
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Those 2 are gone, but I'm more than sure there'll be another one soon. ;)
Pam P.