PURGE YOUR CRAFT ROOM! A Summer Challenge

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
pat-czap

Re: PURGE YOUR CRAFT ROOM! A Summer Challenge

Post by pat-czap »

I took pictures of my multiuse craft room, but I'm too embarrassed to post. Well, maybe too lazy at this point.

I did throw out ancient glue and all the craft paint I had, less TH. Those probably have to go as well. Recycled a bit of paper.

Now I have to focus on one bit at a time. At least my fabric stash is small. Sewing notions are another thing. My biggest issues are paper, stamps, albums, books and magazines. Do I need SB magazines that are ancient old? Heck no. If I haven't seen it for a year...bye bye. I've toted this stuff through 5 or 6 moves! I've lost track.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Post by Monica »

I recently got rid of the rest of my magazine stash, Pat. After lugging them around, fighting to find space for them, feeling nostalgic about the many companies listed no longer in existence... but letting them go was a huge relief!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Monica... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mine are going out.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I threw out all of my magazines except for the (overpriced) one from Becky Higgins that was all layouts using 4x6 photos. Still great basic page layouts.
It hurt a bit at first but then I looked at all that shelf space and then I smiled.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

So I am posting two more photos here to keep me accountable to this challenge. These are the two main areas I want to really attack, pare down and improve it’s organization. Daunting but I know I can do this over the next two months or so. I really want to be happy with my room by September so I can enjoy “fall crafting” and the usual projects that come at the end of the year. I also want my desk to be more open and efficient. Some changes will have to be made with what is in the cases above it.

Oh and those plastic Home Depot cases lining the top are FILLED with my bead collection. :roll:
Attachments
7F2A261C-C5BC-4FB1-9D8A-FAE45009315B.jpeg
7F2A261C-C5BC-4FB1-9D8A-FAE45009315B.jpeg (139.92 KiB) Viewed 412 times
AEAD7AA2-5015-4950-BB57-E6BBF4D7B727.jpeg
AEAD7AA2-5015-4950-BB57-E6BBF4D7B727.jpeg (140.88 KiB) Viewed 412 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've really got to get back to this. I made great progress and then faded out. Time to get inspired again!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Wait! Week 2 is just beginning! Somehow I felt like I lost a week.
Mia and I sorted through my stamps last night and then she and Zain did some stamping. I think my die cuts are next in my list. I can sort through them while we’re watching a movie.

ETA : I pulled out 20 packages leaving 70 in the box. Seventy. I haven’t even started on the sticker sheets (the 6 x 12” sheets) but I have all week. I plan to pull out any that are more than 5 years old and challenge myself to use what I still like on them - then ditch the rest by the end of the month. Should be doable?

Pam P - what is your focus this week?

Farley, I’ve always been envious of how much space you have!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Stamps, ink and more of the closet. Ugh - that :censor: closet. It's always my downfall.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote:Stamps, ink and more of the closet. Ugh - that :censor: closet. It's always my downfall.
Just do one tiny bit of the closet.... that's what I have to do when purging my fabric bins... take one out and away or I just want to sit there and cry over the whole thing. ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:Wait! Week 2 is just beginning! Somehow I felt like I lost a week.
Mia and I sorted through my stamps last night and then she and Zain did some stamping. I think my die cuts are next in my list. I can sort through them while we’re watching a movie.

ETA : I pulled out 20 packages leaving 70 in the box. Seventy. I haven’t even started on the sticker sheets (the 6 x 12” sheets) but I have all week. I plan to pull out any that are more than 5 years old and challenge myself to use what I still like on them - then ditch the rest by the end of the month. Should be doable?

Pam P - what is your focus this week?

Farley, I’ve always been envious of how much space you have!

Pam I am quite lucky to have this room to myself. It was my step-daughter’s originally. After keeping it intact for a year with no one using it, I claimed it. It’s just off the living room so I can chat with Bob while I work and listen to whatever might be on TV. The large hanging cases Bob built changed everything.

WEEK 2! Yes, I am going after dies next too. This should be a lot easier than stamps. Many of the stamp sets I purged include dies. I decided not to bother with the COFFEE or BIRD stamps...they are all keepers pretty much. So on to DIES!
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Haven't been purging yet. But I've been sorting the dies this past week. Separating all the parts of sets and putting them on magnet sheets and into sleeves and into their appropriate containers. Almost finished. Had to order some more magnet sheets. Then, the dies and stamp/die sets will be ready for cardmaking for the craft fair and for Christmas cards!!

Today, I've been working on kitchen cleanup and organization. It's been a huge mess for far too long. Not sure when Mike will get motivated to build cabinets. But I bought some wire shelves and basket things so I can start storing more efficiently. Going a bit vertical so we can reclaim some of the counter space. I've done some purging in this project, so that counts!! Long overdue cleanup. Feels good to get things looking a bit more organized.

It's stormy outside right now. Keeping Chevie company on the bed til the thunder stops. Good time for a break.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Yesterday I started with molds...can't even remember what I bought them for (mixed media I think) so that was easy peasy! Tomorrow night is trash night soooo, out go the magazines! Some are so old, ones Pam C recycled to me when I started this journey some 13 or 14 years ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Haven't started my room yet. Ry decided to jump on board and do her room (she's the actual hoarder in the family)
So far 5 bags to donate, 3 bags of trash and under the bed has yet to be touched.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ChristyB wrote:Haven't started my room yet. Ry decided to jump on board and do her room (she's the actual hoarder in the family)
So far 5 bags to donate, 3 bags of trash and under the bed has yet to be touched.

WTG Ry!

I did start on my dies last night and will get back to them tonight. I have a fridge bin of my most commonly used ones that I only removed one set from. But tonight I go after the less so. Not sure that many will be purged but you never know. Die however are not the offensive item in my room. It’s stamps and paper. So paper is next.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Congrats to Ry for being so productive!!

And.... I found a new home for the Chalk Inks.... a co-worker is doing a Bible journaling workshop with folks at her church... so I'm going to loan her some stamps and give her the Chalk inks... yay!!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com