Wishing PamP a Speedy Recovery!

paddlegal

Wishing PamP a Speedy Recovery!

Post by paddlegal »

In case you didn’t see her post on FB, early this morning she was admitted to hospital for surgery due to an undisclosed “stupid accident at home”, as she put it.

Thinking of you Pam for a quick, successful recovery.
FARLEY in Sacramento
katymjo

Re: Wishing PamP a Speedy Recovery!

Post by katymjo »

Thinking of you, Pam. Get well soon.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Oh my. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Oh no! Thank you, Farley, for letting us know (I don't do Facebook).

Pam, I hope you'll be home very soon and have a speedy recovery.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Hope all goes well and you are home soon, Pam.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam! Oh no. Yes, get well soon and remember, if there are no photos, it didn’t happen! :tomato:
Pam Cook #48
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

Pam here hoping for a speedy recovery! :creating:
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Any update?
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

George brought the laptop up for me, so I now feel like I'm not locked away from the world.

Surgery is set for tomorrow. I've been on constant IV antibiotics and it wasn't enough to take care of the issue. Whoo hoo. I get to go go home with a HUGE hole in my leg.

What happened is that I'm an accident looking for a place to happen. I was assembling a covered swing on the deck that has a steel frame. And yes, I assembled the thing and I knew that there was a brace running the length of it, but when I started to hang the swing to it I ran full force into the steel brace. I hit it so hard that I fell over, which brought up an immediate gosh-awful bruise. I iced the thing and felt OK, so went out and finished the assembly. The next day it was red and a little bruised, but I thought I was ok and purchased 14 huge pots, soil and plants and over the next 2 days took care of that project. BTW - all of the plants that I found listed that are supposed to be mosquito repellents aren't working. :shock:

Fast forward a week, and the dratted thing decided to swell and burst open. Up until that point there was no open wound. So off to the Primary who sent me to the wound center who slapped my rear into the hospital. The surgeon wanted to wait to see if the antibiotics would take care of the infection and my body would absorb whatever was going on. Not happening. So tomorrow another CT scan and then surgery to open it up and clean it out. Yay me.

I'm sleeping in 45 minute snatches because there's always someone in and out of here, which is not helping my "nice" personae. So far Tawanda hasn't put in an appearance, but I swear if I end up with one more needle in my arms or my stomach I'm gonna look like a blue pincushion.

So that's the saga of the stupid accident and the result. George is walking around patting himself on the back because I uttered the words "you were right and I was wrong." Men. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

I'm trying to look at this as being a vacation from Wild Puppy and Demon Spawn, but I'm really really bored!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

:censor: OUCH :-o I'm in pain just reading this. Pam, I'm so sorry this happened.
I won't yell at you for trying to put the swing together by yourself. But, I will gently mention that you need to ask for help with these big projects that you undertake (since you already know that you're "an accident looking for a place to happen") .
I will be thinking of you tomorrow and praying that the surgery goes well. Try to get some rest and don't go all Tawanda on the nurses :D
Keep us updated when you can. :happy94:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

O. M. G. !!! Pam, I too am cut from that “I-can-do-it-myself” cloth though I have not, thankfully, injured myself to your extent. YIKEs!

Keeping you in my thoughts that surgery is a piece of cake and you are out of there and back home with the wild ones ASAP.

:happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Card-carrying member of the 'I can do it myself' club too. What a horrible experience you're having, Pam! Hoping that it'll heal quickly with antibiotics and that they won't turn you completely into a pincushion.

As for Tawanda, sometimes that other side of us just needs to be let loose a bit, but try not to be too hard on the nurses helping you get better.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

WOW!
You are in my thoughts and I hope the
surgery goes well. They are probably worried about
blood clots forming and traveling, that can end up worse than
the original boo boo.
Another proud member of the I can do it myself club,
will we ever learn
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I bet all of us are thinking that we can tackle just about anything on our own. :shock:

Pam...what a :censor: thing to have happened to you.
Hope the surgery does what it needs to do, so you can heal and get the he!! out of there! Stay strong. :happy94:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You’re in all our thoughts and prayers (here at the beach). Everyone says hello and we miss you.
Pam Cook #48