Shopping trip

Save some $ Find out what works
pamcook

Shopping trip

Post by pamcook »

There’s a Hobby Lobby now just 6 minutes from our Farmers Market. I wanted to buy Mia some waterbrushes. I got out fairly unscathed. Bought a paper pad with the most gorgeous blues. Will use at least 90% and the others are white on the back so they’ll get used. I bought a 4x6 pad of watercolor paper. They’re nice for card fronts.

Now to enjoy a few hours before Joel gets home and asks “Really? Are you going to scrapbook all evening?”
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Re: Shopping trip

Post by paddlegal »

:lol:

It’s a hard balance, I know. Glad you had so much fun and purchased responsibly.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

How can I pass up a thread titled 'Shopping Trip' LOL? Sounds like a productive outing Pam, and not at all excessive.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I restrained myself only because I’m limiting the amount of space to use for supplies. Sadly, I still have more supplies than my allotted space but couldn’t walk past the blues in the paper pad.
21B9984E-2104-4500-A48D-630596C15524.jpeg
21B9984E-2104-4500-A48D-630596C15524.jpeg (90.62 KiB) Viewed 348 times
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

That’s a paper pad full of happy colors! I know you’ll put them to good use.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Pretty.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

You will love using those blues.
Monica

Post by Monica »

My shopping trip was to Michaels for more albums. I've been doing a bit of scrapbooking and discovered I have no empty albums for the page!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Monica wrote:My shopping trip was to Michaels for more albums. I've been doing a bit of scrapbooking and discovered I have no empty albums for the page!
Ouch. I’ll bet that was painful. When I find them in clearance, I stock up. Wish they weren’t so expensive!
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

pamcook wrote:
Monica wrote:My shopping trip was to Michaels for more albums. I've been doing a bit of scrapbooking and discovered I have no empty albums for the page!
Ouch. I’ll bet that was painful. When I find them in clearance, I stock up. Wish they weren’t so expensive!
Buy one get one half off, which was still painful. Sigh. And i's funny to me that postbound are now the dominant ones again. I've had some of those, but I much prefer my D ring binders. If I'd have realized I needed more I'd have tried to go yesterday afternoon and hit Hobby Lobby, but it is what it is. And I have albums to fill up!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, if post bound albums are making a comeback, I better go look. It might even inspire me to scrap again.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

mpizzazz wrote:Wow, if post bound albums are making a comeback, I better go look. It might even inspire me to scrap again.
That's about all I saw at Michael's.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I wish postbound albums were making a comeback; I've always preferred them because they take up way less room on the shelf, and work better for double page layouts. I personally don't find them difficult to use; I just load up an extra set of page protectors when I first get them, and never have to take them apart again. I agree that's pretty much all our Michaels carries, and we don't have Hobby Lobby here in Canada. I just wish they were better quality, or that the better companies were still making them. Because I expect to have them for a long time and they get handled, I don't mind paying a bit more.
Monica, the fact that you've been scrapping and needed albums is, IMO, a win. I just moved all my albums a week or so ago so I could stand up the bookcase, and have discovered I've got at least six empty albums here - because I do buy them when I see one I like. Sadly, I didn't scrap enough last year to fill even one album.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Keitha, it's totally a win given that I haven't scrapped much in like two years! It's fun to be getting back into it again, and remembering why I have that room full of stash. I think the purging is helping as well with that, as I'm really asking myself "Am I going to use this or am I just storage for it?" and getting rid of more. I've got plans to go through my punches next and get rid of almost all of them. I used to use them years ago, but dies are much easier. I'll likely keep a couple decorative corner punches, corner rounders, and maybe a couple borders as well as the Disney shaped ones. Hmm... and the hexagon and star nesting ones for titles. But there are drawers of them that can go!
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Anytime I see albums in Tuesday Morning, I grab them.... heck... even if the cover has a little damage... if the 3-ring ones are $7.99, then that's a steal... I may need to buy some more to put the last of Arizona in.... but... I'll cross that bridge when I get to it... LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com