Albums

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
troublesmom

Albums

Post by troublesmom »

I am doing away with most of my albums. I have ones that hold 12 x 12 pages, I've already taken my completed pages out of them and all the albums have 20 sleeves that I had from Stampin' Up! I would like to get $20 for each if anyone is interested. Albums are very nice, Navy blue, they are not leather but in very good condition.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Re: Albums

Post by mpizzazz »

Cheryl, what are you doing with all your pages if you are taking them out of albums?
Are they D rings?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I think Stampin' Up just had post-bound albums

oops... nope.... I looked at the photo she posted on Facebook... they're 3-ring binders
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

nchoney wrote:I think Stampin' Up just had post-bound albums

oops... nope.... I looked at the photo she posted on Facebook... they're 3-ring binders
They looked like rings to me but wasn't sure if they are D rings. I hate those!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Some of the pages I am keeping - I have many, many scrap books full. Others are being trashed. No one wants albums of our trips and I am tired of the space they are taking up. I probably have at least 40 albums.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

troublesmom wrote:Some of the pages I am keeping - I have many, many scrap books full. Others are being trashed. No one wants albums of our trips and I am tired of the space they are taking up. I probably have at least 40 albums.
:-o
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

That’s what I thought too Sue, but in all reality Cheryl is probably right, my kids have said they would have a big bon fire!!! Might be kidding but can’t say for sure. I have at least 40 albums of our 43 years together, raising kids and trips.
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I had a couple vacation albums of my mom and dad's and got rid of them, but they were just pictures put into sleeves, not "scrapbooks". Other than a few pictures of mom and dad, I had no attachment to them. Their other albums, however, the one's from when they were in the army and the navy and from their childhoods (both my parents and my in-laws), I just can't part with, even though some are falling apart. I did pull a lot of pictures and made my own heritage albums and included as much information as I could figure out so at least my kids know who they are looking at and what the relationship is. I'm still working on my husband's side and hope to get back to those soon.

I do understand Cheryl's thinking and if we're talking vacation albums, I totally understand. It just makes me sad to think of all the work and time and love that went into making those pages. BUT...…While I'm alive, I'm not going to get rid of any of the scrapbooks that I have made. (At least that's how I feel today. I may change my mind in five years :lol: ). I look at the early ones and not only do they bring back memories, but I see how far I have come in my craft -- how my style has changed over the years, and how I have improved and it all makes me happy. Now, I know that no one else in my family cares about that, but I do hope that when I am gone, they will at least look through the albums first and then decide whether to toss them, keep them or pass them on to other family members.

This hobby, both scrapbooking and card making, brings me so much joy that for now I'm just going to keep adding to the collection.

Little by little, though, I'm organizing my home and affairs to make it as easy as possible on my kids. The albums will probably be one of the easier things they have to deal with.

Sorry to ramble on. Cheryl, do what you need to do. As Marie Kondo would say, if it doesn't bring you joy anymore, thank it and get rid of it :D
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

So... back to Cheryl wanting to sell off her albums... are they circular rings or D-rings in those binders... and how many pages would they hold? Did your 20 pages fill the album completely?
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Debi I believe they are what you call D rings. I never had any problem with them at all and in many of them have more than 20 Pages. I'll try and get better photos.

I also want to say I'm not getting rid of the family books especially the ones of my parents or Joe's parents. I have all my ancestry ones that I am keeping. Some of the pages I'm actually taking out of albums and storing for now, may get rid of them later. I am keep pages I did of our trips to Europe & Canada but local trips and in the US I'm getting rid of.
nchoney wrote:So... back to Cheryl wanting to sell off her albums... are they circular rings or D-rings in those binders... and how many pages would they hold? Did your 20 pages fill the album completely?
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks for letting me know they are D rings, Cheryl.

I'm leaving the album cleansing to Robin. I know she won't want our trips unless she was along so maybe just the family stuff. That's one reason I switched to doing travel journals, smaller and much easier to throw away!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels