Cosmic Shimmer, aka Monica as Enabler

New tricks to amaze your friends
Keitha

Cosmic Shimmer, aka Monica as Enabler

Post by Keitha »

Browsing an online site a couple days ago I saw Cosmic Shimmer products but passed on by. Then this morning, although I didn't participate in the Valentine swap, was reading that thread and watched the video Monica linked to using the same products. I first used gold leaf years ago but wow, those Gilding Flakes are spectacular. And the technique with the stencil? I just might have to see what I've got in my stash from years ago; I know I've got some of that tacky glue you need to use. Perhaps I'll be ordering some Cosmic Shimmer products after all.

Here's the video link Monica gave us, if you didn't see it and are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muM1uwVN47I
pbp908

Re: Cosmic Shimmer, aka Monica as Enabler

Post by pbp908 »

I saw a lot of things that I wasn't aware of when I was looking at Monica's link. <sigh>

I really really need to quit looking at videos.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pbp908 wrote:...I really really need to quit looking at videos.
Now what would be the fun in that?
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I just ended up in a rabbit hole looking for Creative Expressions products. rofl Has anyone ever ordered from ecstasy crafts? They have a huge selection but I'm not familiar with them.
Pam P.

Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pbp908 wrote:I just ended up in a rabbit hole looking for Creative Expressions products. rofl Has anyone ever ordered from ecstasy crafts? They have a huge selection but I'm not familiar with them.
I just placed an order from Ecstasy Crafts this week, which has already shipped. That's where I was looking at the Cosmic Shimmer products as well. They are a Canadian company so shipping to me was quite reasonable, although they seem to ship worldwide. Assuming my order arrives in a timely fashion I'll give them two thumbs up.
Monica

Post by Monica »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Pulled you all down the rabbit hole! I ordered my stuff from my local (3 hours away) scrap/stamp store, and she shipped it all to me.

Keitha... you'll love this stuff. It's addicting once you start to play, and I've been looking at my dies in a new light because of it. If you want to see my cards, follow me in Instagram... monicajlake. I posted samples of the swap ones and a couple others I did with leftovers.

Pam... you want me to make you up a sample kit of gilding flakes? I was going to do the embossing powders this weekend anyway, and it wouldn't be hard to do up some of those too. those jars go a LONG way. the one I used to do almost every card for the swap doesn't even look like I used it at all.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I can say no to flakes.... I can just imagine Chevie bumping into me while I've got one of those jars open... LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

nchoney wrote:I can say no to flakes.... I can just imagine Chevie bumping into me while I've got one of those jars open... LOL
That would be a huge disaster.... :lol:
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Thankyou for the link to the video. I have seen pots of gilding flakes but didn't know what you did with them. Wow!
Monica

Post by Monica »

katymjo wrote:Thankyou for the link to the video. I have seen pots of gilding flakes but didn't know what you did with them. Wow!
You should be able to easily find them, as my lss was importing them from England! ;)
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Your Valentine cards are beautiful, Monica. I love having the option for different techniques/looks using the stencils, etc. I already own.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Thanks, Keitha. I had a blast making them, and have all kinds of ideas now for the Art Deco dies once I have them!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I have 3 containers of the Nuvo flakes- gold, silver and copper. The Autumn and Spring Meadow (?) mixes really caught my eye. ;) And they're not kidding about a ton of it being in the containers - I can gold flake everything in my house with one container of it!

For those who haven't seen what all Creative Expressions offers, check out the website for them. Love the chalky inks.
Pam P.

4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

Another must have. Time to go shopping!
:creating: