Post by EDelValle »

Looks like Ranger Ink and friends have a new
artist in their stable, Simon Hurley.

I just watched a video of him demoing his
products.
https://www.facebook.com/rangerink/vide ... 285630292/

I know he's young and probably nervous,
but if he had used the word awesome one
more time, I would have sent him a Thesaurus.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pbp908

Re: The new stuff we are getting previews of

Post by pbp908 »

The overuse and misuse of the word "awesome" is one of my biggest pet peeves. :x
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

He’s cute (and I feel a bit creepy saying that about someone so young) but I can’t listen to him and I don’t his designs. Same feelings about Dyan R. I tried to watch a video by Dina Wakely and got so.bored. I’m getting old.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I've seen some of his videos on YouTube. Not super impressed but I bet he'll gain a following.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I hadn’t heard of him. So young and has his own ink line with Ranger? Hmmmm, watch out Tim. I do like that magnetic matte though.

I also watched a portion of Tim’s video today. Now he has Distress Archival inks. I hope his colors are better than the other Ranger Archival colors. I bought one set of 4 last summer. Only 2 out of the 4 colors were true to what one should expect. Two were so way off I couldn’t believe it. Wasn’t worth the trouble retuning the set.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm wondering if Ranger is trying to get the millennial bracket with their new kid. More power to him if he can get people into art, but just watching a brief Instagram video of him was enough for me. Sorry you had such a bad experience with the Archivals, Farley! I've had most of mine for 20 years now and I love them, but I do know that formulas can change and get tweaked over time. Kind of makes me really glad I have reinkers for them I bought back then as well. I have high hopes for the Tim Archivals, based on him being such a stickler about that. Those are pretty much the only new Ranger item I want. I don't need oxide sprays as I don't use all the sprays I still have anyway. Ditto with stickles, alcohol inks, etc.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pamcook wrote:He’s cute (and I feel a bit creepy saying that about someone so young) but I can’t listen to him and I don’t his designs. Same feelings about Dyan R. I tried to watch a video by Dina Wakely and got so.bored. I’m getting old.

I watch almost all videos with sound off.
I also want clear and concise. If you need 30 min to show me something that can be done in less than 5 I'm out. No patience anymore.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'm with you, Christy.... I browse through the youtube recommendations and as soon as I see one that says it's over an hour long, I just cruise right past it. Seriously? If you're showing a page layout process in a video that's over an hour, then there's a lot that could be edited out or sped up...

and if it's an instruction about a technique, it definitely needs to be fairly short so it keeps my attention... or... I'll give my fast-foward bar a good workout.. LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Typically the only time I watch and listen to a long one is when I want to go to sleep. Really. Works like a charm with my iPad on a side table next to my bed. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: A lot of those videos have way too much chit chat too.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I first heard of Simon Hurley at least a year ago, he had a free card making class on scrapbook.com. I don't recall his videos being unwatchable. I agree Ranger could be trying to lure younger crowd or maybe give the old gals who have finally figured out that Tim plays for the other team someone new to fantasize about, lol. I'll put his Ranger videos on my to watch list.