Pardon My Rant

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

Pardon My Rant

Post by pbp908 »

Why is it that Murphy (aka the composer of that dratted Law) decides to visit in December???

The sofa is scheduled for delivery Wednesday morning. I have no driveway. It's under a foot of water as is a large part of the front yard. We're now open for fishing and water skiing if anyone wants to join us.

The old sofa in the den has to go to storage for Chris. Maybe I can use oars and an outboard motor to get it there?

The Mac died yesterday morning and went to the hospital for surgery today. I've spent the last two days downloading Windows updates onto this :censor: dinosaur of a laptop, and now it's telling me that there are more??? I hate laptops, and I absolutely positively hate Windows.
I have a sinus infection and the cat has started sneezing. :angry48:

Pray for sunshine and add one for Murphy, because if I find that jerk he's dead!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Re: Pardon My Rant

Post by nchoney »

Yup... if you haven't used the Windows machine in a while, it will have a boatload of updates to install.

Sorry you're under water.... this weather has been insane this year
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I’m sorry Pam and I feel your pain. Our gravel driveway squishes when we walk on it - but thankfully, we only have standing water in the yard. And finding the water line is delayed again.

I have a feeling Murphy is traveling back and forth between our homes!

Please feel better soon though. All this other crap is temporary, but you need to feel better soon.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm sending you anti-Murphy vibes across the States! Hang in there, Pam! :happy94:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

So sorry to hear all of this Pam. May the sun come out and and dry out the ground, as best that it can.

The computer issue...yikes as well.

I guess it's raining here, there, and eveywhere...kind of.

Hang in there. :happy94:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Pam no apologies for your rant. It is understandable and I hope all those obstacles in your way disappear soon. Do take care of yourself first. It’s more important than a sofa.

Sending healthy hugs... :happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Just got the latest from Murphy. Chris has to work Christmas Eve and Christmas, so none of my boys around on Christmas. Adam always spends most of the Christmas week with his Charlotte family. Jim and Karen can't afford to come cross-country and she's having health issues. Maybe we should take our cue from the Kranks and just cancel it, go on a cruise or something. Nope. The way things are going the ship would hit a rogue iceberg somewhere around the tropics. :shock:
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

A quiet Christmas for us as well. They make me appreciate the hustle and bustle when we are with family.

I’m sorry though. :happy94:
Pam Cook #48
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

best wished for a happy and healthy new year
Monica

Post by Monica »

We're having a quiet Christmas at home too. I took the week off work, but hubby is in a crunch time with his and has even been working weekends trying to keep up so there was no way he could take time off that week. The in-laws weren't happy when we told them at Thanksgiving, but to be honest I'm looking forward to meeting up with a girlfriend I haven't seen in months due to her crazy work schedule and more time in the craft room. I've also got plans for some serious cooking and baking that I'm not trying to slot in around the normal crazy.

Maybe we can do a PAO Christmas, be each other's family via the internet. :)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That's a good idea, Monica, we'll keep each other company here!
This is the year when Ray's sister and her husband come up here. Their kids are in Japan, San Francisco and Melbourne, Australia. Our Robin who is in Sydney isn't coming home until the Spring.
We alternate years either going to GA or them coming here. It could be our last US Christmas so I'm glad they are coming here. But there is nothing Christmasy at our house at all except for the food and the champagne and a few quilts on the walls and wreaths on the doors. I can't even find a few of my Christmas quilts.
So a very quiet Christmas here, too.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

We just had our family christmas today. Julia, Bob’s daughter, her husband and the two kids (Vanessa 5 as of yesterday and Nathaniel soon to be 7) came for the day to celebrate Bob and Vanessa’s birthdays and do Christmas gifts. They live in Folsom which is about 45 minutes from us. They are headed to Southern CA at the end of the week. We had a great time with gift opening, lots of talking, playing with new toys and my simple lunch of pasta, bread and brownies. Feet are now up and soon there will be wine involved. Happily for our area it is raining quite hard which is needed unlike many of you who have had enough of it so I am cozy and relaxed.

Our actual Christmas will be just the three of us which is fine and typical. So count me in on online Christmas with you all too.

Photo below: this looks just like every photo I’ve taken at past Christmases during gift opening. :lol:
Attachments
7DA44898-01E2-49AF-B084-D4E27F7B891C.jpeg
7DA44898-01E2-49AF-B084-D4E27F7B891C.jpeg (125.56 KiB) Viewed 324 times
0DCE81D5-47F6-4889-96F2-46DE96FC8719.jpeg
0DCE81D5-47F6-4889-96F2-46DE96FC8719.jpeg (144.88 KiB) Viewed 324 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

We'll be up at Peggy's for Christmas Eve, Day, and the day after. I've advised Mike that he needs to spend some time with his mom and not try to cut Christmas short. I think he heard and understood. So he can let the other firefighters know that they can suck it up for a few days.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Chris will be here this coming Friday and Saturday, so we'll do Christmas with him then. Adam will be leaving Sunday, so we'll have Christmas with him when he comes back Christmas night. George said we'll hold ours until then, and I asked him if he wants me to put a big red bow on the new building, the sofa and the puppy. :lol:

On a happy note, the computer is ready and will be picked up tomorrow. Mac repair was able to save all of our files!

Guess we'll be cooking ribs, sweet potato casserole, and a coconut cake for dinner next weekend as Chris doesn't like turkey. I figure after eating his own cooking for a month he's ready for his favorites. I'll save the turkey and dressing for Christmas. :lol:

Too bad we don't have a video chat option here - we could all be on the screen together! It would certainly liven up the day. ;)
Pam P.

jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Sending good luck your way
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois