Pardon My Rant

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pat-czap

Re: Pardon My Rant

Post by pat-czap »

Greg, Pat and Dan...That's who will be here. Quiet as normal. Hoping to go for a visit to son in Indiana or a shorter trip back to Detroit area to see family. Greg is not able to travel far due to blood clots in his L leg. Thankfully he is responding to meds. Not sure if this was related to his ongoing illness.

Pam...Glad to hear the Mac is back! Family get togethers in bits and pieces will be just as special, I hope you all enjoy.

A PAO Christmas sounds like a plan.

On another note... FARLEY...love the built in shelves in your home, but I would HATE to dust all your figurines :shock: The older I get, the more I dislike vacuuming and dusting. Wish I had hardwoods throughout. ;)
I think we all might have similar gift opening pictures! Your tree is beautiful.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pat-czap wrote:
On another note... FARLEY...love the built in shelves in your home, but I would HATE to dust all your figurines :shock: The older I get, the more I dislike vacuuming and dusting. Wish I had hardwoods throughout. ;)
I think we all might have similar gift opening pictures! Your tree is beautiful.

DUST??? :shock:

HAHAHAHAHA, thanks Pat. I’ve had most of those items since I was in my 20s. My mom and I collected similar Asian art pieces together. Two of the big jars were hers. There is another set of shelves on the other side of the never-used-fireplace with more. I keep asking myself why do I keep all of that. But there are so many memories involved I can’t sell or give them away...yet.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

paddlegal wrote:
pat-czap wrote: DUST??? :shock:

HAHAHAHAHA, thanks Pat. I’ve had most of those items since I was in my 20s. My mom and I collected similar Asian art pieces together. Two of the big jars were hers. There is another set of shelves on the other side of the never-used-fireplace with more. I keep asking myself why do I keep all of that. But there are so many memories involved I can’t sell or give them away...yet.
It's nice to have collections, I just have a small amount of collectibles. I think our nomadic past has lent itself to paring down in some areas. :lol: but in truth, I've never been a decorating diva like two of my sisters. One could have her house in a magazine, the other had tons of stuff and a lived in lovely home.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The new sofa is here and it's so tall the dog can't jump on it. :lol: Bugs, on the other hand, has claimed it as his own. They're checking with the manufacturer to see if they have shorter legs that will work on it, so here's hoping. It'll be perfect for Chris, but the rest of us have a slight problem with our feet touching the ground. :-o The new area rug will be here the day after Christmas, so the den is still a work in progress.

Chris is coming tomorrow to spend the weekend. Julie called and asked if she could come and have early Christmas with us, and then Maddie said she's coming, too. This is going to be a hectic weekend - I'm still shopping!! Wasn't expecting this!

We're picking Apollo up next Saturday morning, so there'll be lots of pictures of him to come. :) I'm already in love.
SofaS.jpg
SofaS.jpg (194.27 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Wow Pam, things can change in a blink! Nice to have family come visit!

LOVE this sofa. I can relate to sitting comfort, as I am just 5'2".
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Pat, you would have loved the old sofa. It was so low that us, ahem, more "mature" folks needed a crane to get up after sitting there. ;) We put it in storage for Chris to have when he moves into a larger apartment.
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

The Christmas card with $300 cash (from great grandma’s) I shipped in the Christmas box to Cara’s family didn’t make it. It disappeared somewhere between when I gave all the items to the packing shop and Riz’ warehouse. I’m 99% sure I know where but can’t prove it and can only blame myself being in too big of a rush to watch her pack the box. At least it’s replaceable.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

pamcook wrote:The Christmas card with $300 cash (from great grandma’s) I shipped in the Christmas box to Cara’s family didn’t make it. It disappeared somewhere between when I gave all the items to the packing shop and Riz’ warehouse. I’m 99% sure I know where but can’t prove it and can only blame myself being in too big of a rush to watch her pack the box. At least it’s replaceable.
:mad: And that's why I always pack shipments myself.
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote:
pamcook wrote:The Christmas card with $300 cash (from great grandma’s) I shipped in the Christmas box to Cara’s family didn’t make it. It disappeared somewhere between when I gave all the items to the packing shop and Riz’ warehouse. I’m 99% sure I know where but can’t prove it and can only blame myself being in too big of a rush to watch her pack the box. At least it’s replaceable.
:mad: And that's why I always pack shipments myself.
I’ve sent so many packages from there. Just when you think you can trust someone. :cry:
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

A sofa, a family visit and a puppy...this sounds like Johnny Carson’s punch line in his Karnak act. :lol:

Your new sofa is stunning!
FARLEY in Sacramento