Remember Brads and Fibers?

mpizzazz

Remember Brads and Fibers?

Post by mpizzazz »

As part of the whole cleanout and purge we are going through, today I got out the album I made when I did the Birthday card shower at CS. It was 2007. It's fascinating to see how cardmaking has changed since then. Most of the cards had layers of cardstock but they were still very flat, just glued on top of each other. Brads were everywhere, holding all kinds of things down and fibers were liberally used. It was nice to recognize familiar names and also to remember many names that we knew then but don't know where they are now.

Anyone else still have their cards from the CS Birthday Shower?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
EDelValle

Re: Remember Brads and Fibers?

Post by EDelValle »

I never did the birthday cards, but I do
have boxes full of Christmas cards from
participating in those swaps
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I do have a collection of birthday cards and even still have the pizza box they came in. I have a mini drawer filled with brads. OMG! Once in a blue moon I need one. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I do remember those, although I'm not sure how many cards from then I have hanging around. I have a small CM album that gets the special cards I make DH, and looking back through it reminds me how much my style has changed in 20 years. And I do still own a bunch of brads and eyelets, although the fibers were thinned out a few months back.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I still have a box full of fibers and lace. Tons of ribbons that I still pull out. Then there are the brads and eyelets that I swore I'd use up. Hah! Every color of the rainbow. Maybe I should try making a rainbow page of nothing but them??
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have a few brads left and will use some from time to time. No fibers left but still have too much ribbon.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:I have a few brads left and will use some from time to time. No fibers left but still have too much ribbon.
Is that Craft Reuse It Shop far from you? We have one about 50 miles away and I'm going to take a lot of stuff there before Christmas so our guests have room for their suitcases in our guest room! ;)

I'm finding that the worst and most time consuming part of purging is trying to find somewhere the stuff can go besides the landfill!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote:
pamcook wrote:I have a few brads left and will use some from time to time. No fibers left but still have too much ribbon.
Is that Craft Reuse It Shop far from you? We have one about 50 miles away and I'm going to take a lot of stuff there before Christmas so our guests have room for their suitcases in our guest room! ;)

I'm finding that the worst and most time consuming part of purging is trying to find somewhere the stuff can go besides the landfill!
Amen to that!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

You do realize that sooner or later they'll be back in vogue?? Maybe we should just challenge ourselves to use some of the things we thought we needed and see if we can come up with some fresh ideas.

Or not. :lol:
Pam P.

fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Pam that is a great idea. How about the "grommets" Remember when those were big. I have bunch!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

fuzzylover wrote:Pam that is a great idea. How about the "grommets" Remember when those were big. I have bunch!
I think I still have some. :shock:
Pam P.