Florence

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Re: Florence

Post by pamcook »

ChristyB wrote:We are all ok. Very very wet and supposed to continue that way for another 24 hrs.
All around us has down trees and power loss but we so far have escaped from any of that.

I am using the time to complete my first quilt in over 10 years, make a 1,000 scrunchies to sell, and now making headbands
My sewing machine is whirring away.
1000 scrunchies? You go, Girl!!
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Glad to hear that those in the path of this devastating storm are checking in and so far are ok. I can't believe how she is just inching her way across the Carolinas. Enough already!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I shared o FB(made it public for people to see) https://www.facebook.com/christy.houser.5
or on my Instagram act---pics from the past couple days.
Steve went out early evening to roads all within a mile of our house. Pretty insane.
What boggled my mind even more were the people ignoring the barricades and trying to drive through or the idiotic kids who waded waste deep in the waters to take pics.
Our county instituted a 7p-7a curfew, never has happened in the 14 years we have been here. We were lucky though, never lost power or tress and no water damage.
Ry is out of school again today and they will probably not be back until Thursday
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Court cancelled so I’m back to work today. Two tornado warnings a few miles from us and lots of flooding. This is our Trader Joe’s parking lot.
EA54AC65-9397-4E00-BE51-42C0DD9BB019.jpeg
EA54AC65-9397-4E00-BE51-42C0DD9BB019.jpeg (193.41 KiB) Viewed 295 times
PamP still without power.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Beki checked in. They're getting heavy rains and flooding as well but she's safe.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Eva said they’ve had a lot of rain - some power outages in their town but they’re safe.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

All of you in the path of the rains and the flash flooding, please stay safe.... don't go out in this crap!!

And... a reminder that the water is nasty.... full of all kinds of bacteria from all kinds of sources... and it'll get worse. So make sure you're wearing solid footwear if you have to go out walking in it .. so you don't get cuts on your feet. And in the near future, be careful of getting cuts on your hands and then working in the dirt, etc. Mike wound up with MRSA by getting a cut on a finger long after the flooding from Irene had gone through. Almost lost the finger from the infection.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks, everyone for the updates.

Debi, how is it around Rodanthe?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Appreciating all the updates on everyone and relieved to learn everyone’s safe.

Christy I know what you mean by going around blockades. Two years ago during our flooding south of us, I witnessed the same. And guess what...people who did, got stuck. Go figure! :roll:
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Marianne.... we're fine here. There was some ocean overwash where our normal areas of weak dunes are... but the DOT equipment was out there round-the-clock keeping it pushed back onto the dune line. they're amazing!!

We spent Thursday night at the fire station and then trucked all our stuff back to the house on Friday. I'm fine with that... I'd much rather pack up for no reason than to lose everything in the flooding. Although... if we had gotten flooding like some of the areas south of us are getting, it wouldn't have mattered much if I had things packed up. I feel so sad for those folks. But I know from experience that they WILL survive and rebuild and life will go on. They've got help on the way as soon as these highways open back up.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

nchoney wrote:Marianne.... we're fine here. There was some ocean overwash where our normal areas of weak dunes are... but the DOT equipment was out there round-the-clock keeping it pushed back onto the dune line. they're amazing!!

We spent Thursday night at the fire station and then trucked all our stuff back to the house on Friday. I'm fine with that... I'd much rather pack up for no reason than to lose everything in the flooding. Although... if we had gotten flooding like some of the areas south of us are getting, it wouldn't have mattered much if I had things packed up. I feel so sad for those folks. But I know from experience that they WILL survive and rebuild and life will go on. They've got help on the way as soon as these highways open back up.
Thanks, Debi. Glad it missed you. You've had enough of it!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam P sent me a text last evening. They have power again - finally!
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

We are out of school until Thursday...

I have a very happy 11 year old :roll:
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

have we heard from Cheryl H since there's been flooding in Pittsboro, too? Hopefully, she's high and dry. I messaged her on FB... but I'll text her later, too
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Heard from her yesterday. Safe & sound!
Pam Cook #48