Florence

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
paddlegal

Re: Florence

Post by paddlegal »

clamscrapper wrote:Saw your video on the news link, Debi. Hope you're at the Fire Dept by now. The Weather Channel has a news crew just 9 blocks from my house in Morehead. It's hard sitting here in Raleigh seeing what's going on there. But at the same time good to see how the conditions are. Fox News has one at Atlantic Beach. They're getting the outer bands since early this morning as well I'm sure the Outer Banks are too. Everyone please be safe and keep checking in as you can.

I was just watching the guy at Morehead hanging onto a light post. Those guys are crazy. I hope they get hazard pay.

Keeping my best thoughts for everyone’s safety.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Now they're saying up to 24" of rain here??? :censor:

Rain has started and wind has really picked up steam. Everyone hang on!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Trixie wrote:Some of these weather channel guys drive me crazy! They are SO dramatic. Others are really good and give you interesting facts and genuine updates, but the others really have nothing productive to say. :roll:
Don't watch the Weather Channel or regular TV news, those guys live for days like this! Go to the National Hurricane Center website and just get the facts.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:Now they're saying up to 24" of rain here??? :censor:

Rain has started and wind has really picked up steam. Everyone hang on!

We are 15-20"predicted. Really windy but no rain yet.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Just heard from Laurie (in New Bern). No power but no damage. She said the tornado warnings are terrifying and neighbors have lost trees and another has lost their barn. She said she would stay in touch.

No real rain here but really strong scary wind gusts. Trees are coming down in neighborhoods around us. Doing laundry and giving my Vagabond a workout.

ETA - rats. Cable is down.
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

Thanks for the update Pam - watching the news last night they kept talking about New Bern and I thought that's where Laurie lived. They showed a TON of flooding there.
Everyone stay safe!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Finally checking in with you all. We did leave and headed to our sons in PA. Traffic on Wednesday when we left was bumper to bumper and many gas stations were already out of gas. I use Waze for driving directions and she took us off to get away from bumper to bumper and we passed a gas station that had plenty. We were able to fill up and then were able to fill again before getting to our sons.

I've been in touch with our neighbors that stayed and so far everything is good. Lots & lots of rain but no damage. It will be a long time before we can head home. I would say at the earliest next Wednesday as they have Myrtle Beach totally closed. I am more than ready to go home but am very thankful to our son and his family that we had a place to come. They are driving us crazy to move up here. I'll ty and be better about being in touch and pray everyone of you stay safe.

BTW - I did not bring and craft stuff and didn't even get the craft room cleaned up.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It looks as though the worst of this storm is staying south of us. We’re still expecting trees to fall and as the rains persist, that risk worsens. The storm is nearly stationary so flooding is extensive and devastating. Pam P is in (or very near) some of the worst of it.
Christy, I haven’t heard anything about the Charlotte area. ETA - just saw an update that the storm is now affecting Mecklenburg County. Be safe!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thank you for checking in Cheryl and so relieved to know you are alright. Smart move using Waze and getting out of the mess. And I appreciate all reports coming from all of you. Not being very familiar with your areas it helps a lot.

Continue to keep safe and well.

:happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Just heard from PamP. No landline, cable, or power. They have a generator. She heard from Bonnie who is safe as well.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:Just heard from PamP. No landline, cable, or power. They have a generator. She heard from Bonnie who is safe as well.

Thank you Pam. So glad you all are finding ways to communicate and passing it along to the rest of us. Relieved to hear PamP and Bonnie are alright.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Laurie said they can see a bit of their lawn today. Still safe.
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

thanks Pam
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Glad you heard from the others. This is one nasty lady.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

We are all ok. Very very wet and supposed to continue that way for another 24 hrs.
All around us has down trees and power loss but we so far have escaped from any of that.

I am using the time to complete my first quilt in over 10 years, make a 1,000 scrunchies to sell, and now making headbands
My sewing machine is whirring away.