2018 PAO Secret Sister Christmas swap - opening day!!

nchoney

2018 PAO Secret Sister Christmas swap - opening day!!

Post by nchoney »

I've pushed the sign-up date forward a week... so we need to talk this up a bit. We used to have 10+ people sign up... so I'm really hoping that'll happen again!!

debi

Yep... want to get a head start on the signups this year... to give everyone plenty of time to sign up... and then to get things ordered (ahead of the rush) ... I think we missed some folks last year because they hadn't popped in here in a while)

Hope we haven't started this tooooooo soon!!! Would love to see more names in the list!

First some rules:
1. Signups open until September 22nd (That's the Saturday of that weekend)
2. You must follow ALL deadlines once the 22nd comes and goes. You may pull out before BUT not after.
3. To sign up fill out the questionnaire and send to me. Do not post answers on the thread. (questionnaire in the next message)
4. September 23rd - I will forward you your secret sister's name and answers. I can act as a go between should you need clarification or need to ask further questions. (feel free to add fun things they haven't asked for as you fill your box though)
**I'll be participating, too.... I'll have Mike pull the names but I'll wind up knowing who has me... if that would make you crazy, just IM me and let me know and I'll make sure you get someone else's name**

You can also IM me and let me know if you don't want to accidentally get the same person you had last year or the year before. I forgot to keep those names, so please let me know and we'll re-draw so you can get someone you haven't gifted before.

5. PACKAGES MUST BE MAILED BY DECEMBER 7th - Try to keep it to a medium flat rate or smaller box (I know... 12x12 paper doesn't fit in those pesky boxes... so use whatever size you need)
6. You must let me know when you mail your package.
7. DO NOT OPEN your package when you get it. Dec 15th (That's a Saturday) we will all open them whenever we wake up and want to open them. Take photos and post them in this thread.
8. PLEASE TRY TO INCLUDE 1 HANDMADE ITEM IN YOUR BOX - don't get too stressed about the handmade item... it can be a set of embellishments that you've made - like tags or stamped/colored diecuts, etc. But it will still be nice to know our secret person made something for us.

Debi
Farley
Monica
Pam C.
Debbie Barnhill
Cheryl H

Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
nchoney

Re: 2018 PAO Secret Sister (Santa) Christmas swap

Post by nchoney »

1. Name / Mailing Address (be sure you type the whole thing so I can just copy/paste)
2. Favorite Color - or favorite colors used in layouts
3. Favorite brand of supplies - favorite paper designer... or favorite ink or multimedia supply
4. Are you a card maker, scrapbooker, or everything under the sun maker?
5. Are you a neat or messy worker?
6. What new technique or product have you been wanting to try?
7. What is your favorite place to visit? Or... what place do you have lots of photos of?
8. What theme photos do you have a big stack of that need to be scrapped? Holiday photos, travel photos, a special event?
9. Coffee/ Tea/ Hot Chocolate?
10. Sweet / salty? Or... what's your favorite scrapping snack?
11. What is your favorite scrappy subject?
12. What artists' (or paper-crafters') work do you like to follow/ look at?
13. Plain or pattern? Cardstock or patterned paper? Tiny patterns... or big designs?
14. Organic or Geometric?
15. Paint, ink or mist... or some other multi-media product? There are SO many cool things out there!
16. Whose scrapbooking or cardmaking style do you like or want to try?
17. What type of die cutting machine(s) do you have? (in case someone wants to get a die or cut file for you)
18. What kind of paper would you like to see in your package? Patterned paper, colored cardstock, white cardstock, watercolor paper?
19. What kind of chocolate do you like? Milk or Dark? Do you even like chocolate? Or... can you eat chocolate on your current diet or eating restrictions?
20. Regular scrapbook layouts (8.5 x 11 or 12 x 12) or Project Life (pocket pages) .... or both?
21. What's your current obsession? A brand of stamps? A type of paper? Cutting dies or cutfiles?
22. What drives you nuts? Llamas? Flamingos? Little doo-dads with faces on them? Stamps of girls/boys with NO faces on them? (that's mine... creepy.. LOL)

Also... let me know who had your name last year... or whose name you had... or both.... I'll try to make sure we don't have the same folks 2 years in a row.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
paddlegal

Re: 2018 PAO Secret Sister (Santa) Christmas swap - sign-up

Post by paddlegal »

Oh Debi you are so wonderful! Yes, include me please. I love doing mystery shopping.

I’m guessing you all have seen the same as I have...but holiday paraphernalia in the craft stores in June is just a bit much for me when it’s 110 outside. September...yes, that’s ok, LOL.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Oh, put my name down for this year. I have lots of time to pull things together for someone.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Yay.... started the list in the first post...

Yep... July is WAY too early for Christmas stuff...
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Me!
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Hey Debi... how about current obsession and dislikes? I kind of added those in with mine when I PMed you.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Any hints you can give to your secret pal will be helpful!! Obsessions, dislikes, something you want to try.... all info helps! :-)
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
Monica

Post by Monica »

nchoney wrote:Any hints you can give to your secret pal will be helpful!! Obsessions, dislikes, something you want to try.... all info helps! :-)
And did you laugh reading mine? :lol: :lol:
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Nope.... just started checking out any stamp companies and designers that people follow. I always learn new things this time of year.

And... OK... my brain just kicked in... once I get all the signups and all the references to designers and stamp/paper companies, etc. I'll make a post for everyone with a big list of these things... it just hit me that I'm the only one who sees everyone's lists... and it's super fun to go check out new things :-)
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:Hey Debi... how about current obsession and dislikes? I kind of added those in with mine when I PMed you.

Great idea!
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

OK... added a couple questions/prompts to that list. That should give your secret pal plenty of info to work with!

Hope we get a bunch of folks signing up! :-)
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
Monica

Post by Monica »

You need any more info from me, Debi? I think I already answered those questions... :lol:
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

You're good Monica....

and.... I can play go-between if anyone has specific questions once the names are swapped and more details are needed :-)
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

:bump:
just keeping this at the top of the messages so we give everyone a chance to see it and sign up... it's really one of my most fun parts of the holiday season!!
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts