Marianne's September Draw and Paint

EDelValle

Re: Marianne's September Draw and Paint

Post by EDelValle »

Marianne, your watercolors are wonderful.
They give us all a little taste of Australia.
I love the humor in "Holy Cow"

I don't know if you remember a long ago
Club Scrap Member, when we used Yahoo
messaging, but your paintings remind me
of the member, Elizabeth B., she did little
paintings of lighthouses and flowers that she
shared on the message board and every once
in awhile she would enclose one in a card swap
that was taking place.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Marianne your glass pieces are amazing! Love the tree also. I may have missed your explanation but are the pages already bound? Or is that to come? What a treasure this is.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

EDelValle wrote:Marianne, your watercolors are wonderful.
They give us all a little taste of Australia.
I love the humor in "Holy Cow"

I don't know if you remember a long ago
Club Scrap Member, when we used Yahoo
messaging, but your paintings remind me
of the member, Elizabeth B., she did little
paintings of lighthouses and flowers that she
shared on the message board and every once
in awhile she would enclose one in a card swap
that was taking place.
Oh my, Elizabeth, that is high praise indeed, thank you! Elizabeth Brantley's paintings were so delicate and lovely.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:Marianne your glass pieces are amazing! Love the tree also. I may have missed your explanation but are the pages already bound? Or is that to come? What a treasure this is.
Thanks, Farley, I like the dophin ok but not the whale. It's random pieces of paper, lots of CS mats and scraps, glued along one narrow edge like a notepad. It's not holding together so I will have to rebind it in some way when the month is over.

Re the Dick Blick store in Berkeley: did you know it has moved from that main street it was on to another quieter street? Not sure where we were other than there was a Whole Foods just down the block.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

The paint water cup...

just speaks to me.
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

Marianne
You need your own gallery! Love the holy cow and the whale and dolphin.
Very talented!
:creating:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:
paddlegal wrote:Marianne your glass pieces are amazing! Love the tree also. I may have missed your explanation but are the pages already bound? Or is that to come? What a treasure this is.
Thanks, Farley, I like the dophin ok but not the whale. It's random pieces of paper, lots of CS mats and scraps, glued along one narrow edge like a notepad. It's not holding together so I will have to rebind it in some way when the month is over.

Re the Dick Blick store in Berkeley: did you know it has moved from that main street it was on to another quieter street? Not sure where we were other than there was a Whole Foods just down the block.

Of course I had to check the new location...10th Street, so still in the general area as before. I haven’t been there for a few years. I grew up a bit south of Berkeley in San Leandro. My dad worked in Berkeley. He was an architect for the State and his office was literally on the edge of the campus. So I visited the town often with my mom before picking him up sometimes. That was in the 50s and 60s...wild time that was! But I got a great education just experiencing the vibe and art world of that town. Loved it.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:

Of course I had to check the new location...10th Street, so still in the general area as before. I haven’t been there for a few years. I grew up a bit south of Berkeley in San Leandro. My dad worked in Berkeley. He was an architect for the State and his office was literally on the edge of the campus. So I visited the town often with my mom before picking him up sometimes. That was in the 50s and 60s...wild time that was! But I got a great education just experiencing the vibe and art world of that town. Loved it.
I always imagined Berkeley and all of San Francisco was wild in the 60s. At least it sounded that way to us East Coasters even if we were in art school.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Marianne, wild it was! We had The Haight across the Bay in SF and Sather Gate on our side. We lived just far enough not to have any direct consequences during various demonstrations and riots. But close enough to enjoy the “Cal culture” when it was reasonably safe. :lol: I loved shopping in Berkeley and adding “hip” clothes to my wardrobe. Coming from a uniformed Catholic school and entering 7th grade in a public school, Berkeley was the Mecca for bell bottom pants, poor boy tops and psychedelic jewelry. I thought I was so cool. Two of my best friends were a year older (me 15, them 16) and had their driver liscenses...we’d sneak over to San Francisco and look around. This on a Friday or Saturday night no less. Pre cell phones, it’s amazing that nothing ever bad happened to us. :roll:

We will now return to Marianne’s excellent art thread. Sorry for the hijack. :tomato:
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:Marianne, wild it was! We had The Haight across the Bay in SF and Sather Gate on our side. We lived just far enough not to have any direct consequences during various demonstrations and riots. But close enough to enjoy the “Cal culture” when it was reasonably safe. :lol: I loved shopping in Berkeley and adding “hip” clothes to my wardrobe. Coming from a uniformed Catholic school and entering 7th grade in a public school, Berkeley was the Mecca for bell bottom pants, poor boy tops and psychedelic jewelry. I thought I was so cool. Two of my best friends were a year older (me 15, them 16) and had their driver liscenses...we’d sneak over to San Francisco and look around. This on a Friday or Saturday night no less. Pre cell phones, it’s amazing that nothing ever bad happened to us. :roll:

We will now return to Marianne’s excellent art thread. Sorry for the hijack. :tomato:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Wow, we would have been so jealous!
And, now I need to get caught up with my daily posts after our flight, 3 days in SF, 3 days and nights on the train and 7 hour drive home yesterday.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:
paddlegal wrote:Marianne, wild it was! We had The Haight across the Bay in SF and Sather Gate on our side. We lived just far enough not to have any direct consequences during various demonstrations and riots. But close enough to enjoy the “Cal culture” when it was reasonably safe. :lol: I loved shopping in Berkeley and adding “hip” clothes to my wardrobe. Coming from a uniformed Catholic school and entering 7th grade in a public school, Berkeley was the Mecca for bell bottom pants, poor boy tops and psychedelic jewelry. I thought I was so cool. Two of my best friends were a year older (me 15, them 16) and had their driver liscenses...we’d sneak over to San Francisco and look around. This on a Friday or Saturday night no less. Pre cell phones, it’s amazing that nothing ever bad happened to us. :roll:

And, now I need to get caught up with my daily posts after our flight, 3 days in SF, 3 days and nights on the train and 7 hour drive home yesterday.

Oh my gosh! Go take a nap!!! And welcome back.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:

Oh my gosh! Go take a nap!!! And welcome back.
Thanks! but we have no jetlag at all after taking it leisurely back across the US. We had to go buy a new dishwasher this morning but I did finish up a few more of my not so daily paintings.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I did manage a few sketches and a bit of painting while in San Francisco and finished them yesterday. I'm continuing with the Aussie theme for the rest of the month.

Sep 18
A random flower on one of the paths where we stayed for the house exchange. No idea what it is.This is colored pencils.
Sep 18.jpg
Sep 18.jpg (89.21 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Sep 19
My lunch one of the last days we were there. Eating up leftovers and the last bit of wine from the night before. Wine at lunch was NOT the norm!
Sep 19.jpg
Sep 19.jpg (113.7 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Sep 20
One of the harbour beacons marking the entrance. The birds loved sitting on it. i did fix his eye so it's not sliding off his beak.
Sep 20.jpg
Sep 20.jpg (127.69 KiB) Viewed 358 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Sep 21, 22 and 23.

Sep 21 A Queensland Bottle Tree in the Botanic Garden in Toowoomba. It's one of our favorite gardens.
Sep 21.jpg
Sep 21.jpg (155.4 KiB) Viewed 351 times
Sep 22 An experiment with pencil and white ink on the other side of the kraft paper since most of Outback Australia is really brown in the drought.
Sep 22.jpg
Sep 22.jpg (115.69 KiB) Viewed 351 times
Sep 23 Our favorite airbnb of the trip. There really was that forlorn little poinsettia plant trying to grow down the hill.
Sep 23.jpg
Sep 23.jpg (131.56 KiB) Viewed 351 times
Thanks for this challenge, Pam! I'd never have done it without your push.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

you have a book full of beautiful pictures
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois