Sue's Sept Try To Make Something Each Day Thread

mpizzazz

Re: Sue's Sept Try To Make Something Each Day Thread

Post by mpizzazz »

Very clever for the mail carrier and the birthday candles. You come up with great out of the box ideas! :clap: :clap:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Sept. 25:

Finished the Halloween cards.
WP_20180926_06_46_24_Rich.jpg
WP_20180926_06_46_24_Rich.jpg (39.18 KiB) Viewed 229 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

:-o Oh gee Sue! And here I am feeling proud that I finished the die swap and will be mailing them out today!

Can’t wait to see your card.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Sept. 26:

Page one of a two page spread.
Vail 1.jpg
Vail 1.jpg (94.54 KiB) Viewed 228 times
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Nice embellishments on the Jazz page and well done on the stack of cards!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Sept. 27:

My son will be best man in a friend's wedding in a couple of weeks. I know he will need a card so I made one this morning and will see if he wants it.
WP_20180927_08_16_53_Rich.jpg
WP_20180927_08_16_53_Rich.jpg (68.29 KiB) Viewed 216 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Sue I love the LO and that “jazz vail fest” sign.

I can’t imagine your son not wanting to use that card. It is lovely. Just this morning my son asked if I might have a birthday card available in my stash. I just laughed.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

My husband and oldest son vacationed in London last week. While they were gone, I ordered some supplies for scrapping all the pictures I will get. (He took a lot, so I will probably do it project life style). Anyway, this is a Penny Black London stamp I just love. She also has Rome, Paris, New York and San Francisco, which I will probably order soon -- they would make wonderful notecard gift sets.

Now, I know you're wondering why I didn't go with them. Well, there are several reasons, but the main one is that I REALLY hate flying and the thought of being in a plane that long scares the crap out of me.

Side note to Farley...……… did you watch Jen McGuire's kaleidoscope card video yesterday with the wreath builder and the mandala builder stamp set? Beautiful cards and I already have the stamp set on my "to order" list.
WP_20180928_07_44_17_Rich.jpg
WP_20180928_07_44_17_Rich.jpg (71.99 KiB) Viewed 206 times
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Oh, I can see why you love that stamp, I like that sketchy look and all the details.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Sept. 29:

This card uses two stamps from the Carabelle Studio Art Deco stamp set. It had been on my wish list for a while and I finally decided to order it. I'm going to attempt to use the corner piece with the wreath builder for tomorrow's card.

My husband saw my box full of cards yesterday and commented that I would probably die before I could send out all those cards. He's probably right. I have quite a stash (and he didn't even see the box full of Christmas cards), but I really enjoy making them and will not be stopping any time soon. At least I'm using the supplies that I keep buying :D
WP_20180929_08_35_10_Rich.jpg
WP_20180929_08_35_10_Rich.jpg (73.31 KiB) Viewed 194 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Beautiful!! Looking forward to the wreath version.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh. My. Gosh. Sue! I adore those Penny Black stamps and I didn’t know there was an SF one. May need that. Great idea for a card set. Hmmmm, that would be a great one for my SIL. She and my brother have been to all those places. And that Deco set! Your card is outstanding and now I have to go find that set...I may need that also.

I have that JM video in my queue. Haven’t had time to watch yet due to that crazy cake/Gudetama card I made for Charley. I went birding yesterday pretty much all day and then came home to make that card all night long. (Loved every minute of it too) I have my latte sitting here so I think it’s a good time to go watch.

Ain’t it great how we enable...help each other? :lol:

Oh, and I totally understand about flying that distance. I’m not a great flyer either. Besides getting air sick easily it freaks me out a little, though I’ve made it to Europe twice...and that’s enough for me, thank you.
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Sue I just watched JM’s kaleidoscope card video. I’m doomed. I think I need that mandala set. Wow what fun! I’ve yet to buy anything from GinaK...that’s about to change.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

paddlegal wrote:Sue I just watched JM’s kaleidoscope card video. I’m doomed. I think I need that mandala set. Wow what fun! I’ve yet to buy anything from GinaK...that’s about to change.
Yep, I keep saying I'm not going to buy anything else, but here I sit waiting for two (small) orders to arrive next week and things on the wish list that will be ordered in a few days when the credit card starts the new cycle. I've been buying (and using) stamps a whole lot more since I got the stamp platform-- love that thing!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Sue these Christmas cards are awesome. I love all the cards but, yeah, I'm a nut about Christmas.
pugmom wrote:Sept. 7:

Yesterday's card was pretty quick and easy so I made some Christmas cards in the same style.
sept 7.jpg
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO