Summer Card for Aussie Pen Pal

paddlegal

Summer Card for Aussie Pen Pal

Post by paddlegal »

I jumped in (why didn’t someone stop me?) for the current Pen Pal card exchange over on StampNation. My PP lives in Australia...not exactly summer there, LOL. Anyway I decided that one of my favorite things about summer are fresh, local strawberries. This box card from SVGCuts is big so I had to resize it all so it would fit into a more manageable and mailable envelope without having to do paperwork for customs, etc.

I embossed the side panels with a wicker EF. I’m warming to my folders once again. There is a folded notecard attached to the back with my message to her.
Attachments
6E6DEA25-E04B-48D1-8D82-07427EA35C4A.jpeg
6E6DEA25-E04B-48D1-8D82-07427EA35C4A.jpeg (146.98 KiB) Viewed 435 times
B83E9D81-C2CF-42B2-A163-E740A9E5823D.jpeg
B83E9D81-C2CF-42B2-A163-E740A9E5823D.jpeg (128.28 KiB) Viewed 435 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Re: Summer Card for Aussie Pen Pal

Post by jmp1022 »

so cute
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Oh wow, lovely and perfect for summer, whenever it is. :D
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

That embossing folder is perfect. Your pen pal will love this card.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Monica

Post by Monica »

Very cool, Farley! I love fresh strawberries too. And the wicker EF is a perfect touch!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

How cute is that?! She’ll love it.
Pam Cook #48
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

OMG - that is amazing. She's going to love it!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, she's lucky to have you as a penpal. The interesting thing about strawberry season in parts of Australia like warm Queensland is the strawberry season goes on for weeks in the Summer not the few weeks we get here on the East Coast. My Mother-in-law used to grow them and there were strawberries all Summer. It was wonderful!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:Wow, she's lucky to have you as a penpal. The interesting thing about strawberry season in parts of Australia like warm Queensland is the strawberry season goes on for weeks in the Summer not the few weeks we get here on the East Coast. My Mother-in-law used to grow them and there were strawberries all Summer. It was wonderful!

Thanks everyone!

Marianne, the funny thing about Susan the Aussie is that we had recently struck up a conversation by PMs. So I was delighted to get her for the Summer Pen Pal. Next time it will be someone different. But also funny, I was Nancy Young's pen pal and received a fabulous card from her.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:Wow, she's lucky to have you as a penpal. The interesting thing about strawberry season in parts of Australia like warm Queensland is the strawberry season goes on for weeks in the Summer not the few weeks we get here on the East Coast. My Mother-in-law used to grow them and there were strawberries all Summer. It was wonderful!

Thanks everyone!

Marianne, the funny thing about Susan the Aussie is that we had recently struck up a conversation by PMs. So I was delighted to get her for the Summer Pen Pal. Next time it will be someone different. But also funny, I was Nancy Young's pen pal and received a fabulous card from her.
Lucky you with Young Nancy. Where is she, haven't seen her for awhile around here? But that could just be me absent instead.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:
paddlegal wrote:

Thanks everyone!

Lucky you with Young Nancy. Where is she, haven't seen her for awhile around here? But that could just be me absent instead.

I’d lost track of her but I now see her hanging out a little at StampNation sharing her cards plus CS-FB forum. I somehow became a member on the CS FB Group...I guess that happened a long time ago. That seems to be CS’s forum now. So I get notifications anytime someone posts there. I don’t participate at all with CS happenings.
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

What a card Farley! You really have been busy with them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote: Lucky you with Young Nancy. Where is she, haven't seen her for awhile around here? But that could just be me absent instead.

I’d lost track of her but I now see her hanging out a little at StampNation sharing her cards plus CS-FB forum. I somehow became a member on the CS FB Group...I guess that happened a long time ago. That seems to be CS’s forum now. So I get notifications anytime someone posts there. I don’t participate at all with CS happenings.
I guess the forums are very old fashioned as is FB, we should all be on Instagram! :roll: :roll: :roll:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels