My ear...UPDATE 9/13/2018 1ST PAGE

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pat-czap

My ear...UPDATE 9/13/2018 1ST PAGE

Post by pat-czap »

I've had sudden, total hearing loss in my left ear for 1 month now. I have had 2 steroid injections, and 2 hearing tests. No improvement. Yesterday I had an MRI of my brain, and no abnormalities were found...thank goodness. No future treatment per the doc. If I want, I can try a CROS hearing aid in right ear, to help pick up what is said on my left. Oh technology. On top of the hearing loss, the ringing in that ear plus the sound of my pulse has increased. Life sure throws me quirky ailments. ;) ...but I'm still going strong!

9/1/2018 Hello to all.
I am still with hearing loss on the left side. It seems a bit better? or am I adjusting? I've been to the Chiropractor for 12 sessions now. He has helped the vertigo somewhat, and my neck and back feel a lot better. I will continue with visits, as it is very affordable since I've used up my insurance alottment for this year. At Greg's 45th high school reunion, I met a gal who suggested I see her doc at U of MI. I was scheduled to go to the U of MI doc for more testing end of Sept., but would have to wait till the end of Jan. 2019 to see the doc. Whatever. I cancelled that and set up appointment with a doc at Ohio State Wexner Medical Center for the 13th of Sept. I will have hearing test and see the doc. Greg will be in Columbus as well, with his 1 year bone marrow transplant anniversary doc visit. Lots of testing and immunizations for him. Busy day for us. Stay tuned.

9/13/2018

Up since 4:15 am. Very early appt. for Greg and a 2 hour drive. Went to ENT in Columbus today. He was in agreement with doc here in Findlay. Oh well, I gave it a try to make sure I did all that I could. Bad luck or whatever, I guess. Protecting my ears is job #1. I may revisit the hearing aid part of treatment now.

As for Greg, 1 bone marrow aspiration, 3 punch needle biopsies, pulmonary function test, bone density scan, blood work, doc visit and 8 shots...flu shot an 7 immunizations. It was a long day.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Re: My ear...

Post by pamcook »

pat-czap wrote:I've had sudden, total hearing loss in my left ear for 1 month now. I have had 2 steroid injections, and 2 hearing tests. No improvement. Yesterday I had an MRI of my brain, and no abnormalities were found...thank goodness. No future treatment per the doc. If I want, I can try a CROS hearing aid in right ear, to help pick up what is said on my left. Oh technology. On top of the hearing loss, the ringing in that ear plus the sound of my pulse has increased. Life sure throws me quirky ailments. ;) ...but I'm still going strong!
Pat, trust me on this, go see a chiropractor. There’s a possibility they could help. It’s not going to make it worse and if I were you, I’d try everything. I hope you find an answer! :happy94:
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

What Pam said. Chiros can do amazing things.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Okay ladies. I did a little Google search, and saw some interesting info on this. I've never been to a chiropractor before, and my neighbors son is one...might have to go see him.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Ah gee Pat. I’m so sorry. I hope you give everything a try...have you been to an ENT doctor who would specialize in this? :happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

pat-czap wrote:Okay ladies. I did a little Google search, and saw some interesting info on this. I've never been to a chiropractor before, and my neighbors son is one...might have to go see him.
Keep us updated I hope you can hear soon!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

paddlegal wrote:Ah gee Pat. I’m so sorry. I hope you give everything a try...have you been to an ENT doctor who would specialize in this? :happy94:
Yep, the 2 hearing tests, 2 steroid injections and MRI were his part of treatment. Sometimes the injections helped with hearing, sometimes not.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Good luck figuring it out. I am jumping on the Chiro bandwagon as well. Nontraditional treatments often can help with issues that modern medicine has no clue about.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Please keep us posted! I hope that he is able to help.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

This may go as quickly as it came. The human anatomy and physiology are strange things, and doctors are sometimes as stymied as we are. :happy94:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Thanks for the responses and support. I have chiropractor appt. on Tuesday.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I'm so sorry you're having these problems. Please let us know how the chiro appointment goes.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pat, just checking in with you.
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Thanks Pam. I did not go to chiropractor today. Last evening my long time nemesis Vertigo raised it's ugly head. Big time episode with nausea and vomiting. Never had that type of episode before. Woke up feeling better, slightly dizzy at times. Dramamine is helping. I was hoping this would have reset everything back to how it was with my hearing...no luck there.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pat-czap wrote:Thanks Pam. I did not go to chiropractor today. Last evening my long time nemesis Vertigo raised it's ugly head. Big time episode with nausea and vomiting. Never had that type of episode before. Woke up feeling better, slightly dizzy at times. Dramamine is helping. I was hoping this would have reset everything back to how it was with my hearing...no luck there.

Oh no! You need to get in and get some adjustments. They work wonders for vertigo. I hope you feel better soon.
:happy94:
Pam Cook #48