StampNation Junkie - New Cards

paddlegal

StampNation Junkie - New Cards

Post by paddlegal »

So yes, while I was down with the flu last month and bored to distraction and slightly fevered I joined Catherine Pooler’s StampNation. LOVING it!

Thursday my first Stamp of Approval collection “Celebrate Firends” arrived. I am very pleased with it and I hope to make many more cards with it this weekend. There are so many stamp sets, dies and a stencil to play with. You had a choice of a coffe theme, tea theme or both themes. I chose coffee of course...like I don’t have enough coffee stamps. The kit included 4 very fun stamp sets, 4 dies (3 are large words) a stencil and a new ink color. I also opted for 3 additional die sets. I am in stamp-hog-heaven. The only problem has been deciding on what to play with first. It will take me many days to use everything at least once. Thank goodness these kits come out only 4 times a year!

Everything is CP with the exception of the Hero Arts birds.
Attachments
3B01224D-3F3F-4C15-A222-BD2132B61E2F.jpeg
3B01224D-3F3F-4C15-A222-BD2132B61E2F.jpeg (145.31 KiB) Viewed 324 times
047D01EC-2411-43C1-A9C0-292B532926DE.jpeg
047D01EC-2411-43C1-A9C0-292B532926DE.jpeg (101.79 KiB) Viewed 324 times
05F14D4D-4AD3-4BC5-BF6A-177D87449C5E.jpeg
05F14D4D-4AD3-4BC5-BF6A-177D87449C5E.jpeg (114.51 KiB) Viewed 324 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Re: StampNation Junkie - New Cards

Post by Monica »

How fun! Love the coffee themed stuff! :D
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They’re wonderful! I know you’ll enjoy them.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I’ve been contemplating that myself, wonderful cards.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Did you get a discount code I could use?
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Lots of fun new stuff to play with. Love what you've made so far and looking forward to seeing more.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie J wrote:Did you get a discount code I could use?

Thanks everyone!

Debbie, there are no discounts nor codes. At least in my brief membership there hasn’t been. I was originally put off several years ago when I became aware of StampNation of the idea of a membership fee. But the more I was able to look through what is openly published (Pinterest) the more I liked it. So I gave it a try. A full year membership up front is $99 which I think I’ll go for after my 3 month payment is up. It’s the best value as opposed to $10/month. So far I feel it’s worth it.

The SOA kit starts at $97 plus shipping for members ($120 for non-members I think). That’s a lot but it’s only 4 times a year. So if you think of a monthly type kit that pretty much equates to a similar cost. The products in this kit are not available individually yet and won’t be for a few months. The whole basic kit I believe is still available and to non-members.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Thank you Farley. I’ll probably do it anyway. I’ll wait until I get back from ReCreate to order! I’m
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Farley, your cards are great - I'm jealous that you have already gotten to play with yours.

I've gotten all the releases of SOA (Stamp of Approval) and I love them. They are so very versatile they have really become my GO TO stamps. I'm not a member of Stamp Nation, so I wanted to mention that I've only paid the $97.00 for the basic set all along. This time I added both the coffee and tea (I'm a tea drinker but have lots of coffee friends). Stamp Nation members get first dibs on ordering which in the beginning was a major plus for members becauses those boxes sold out in hours of being released. Now she has the "wait list" so I believe it's given her a much better idea of how many will be needed to meet the orders. It appears they still sell out in just a couple days. Usually a few months later she brings everything into her store for sale individually, which does amount to a bit more. Buying the product in the kit is a better buy.

I just got mine yesterday. I haven't had a chance to play yet, but today is a free day for me so................... off to my craftroom.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I was hesitant about getting this kit, but Farley has shown some great examples. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

fuzzylover wrote:Farley, your cards are great - I'm jealous that you have already gotten to play with yours.

I've gotten all the releases of SOA (Stamp of Approval) and I love them. They are so very versatile they have really become my GO TO stamps. I'm not a member of Stamp Nation, so I wanted to mention that I've only paid the $97.00 for the basic set all along. This time I added both the coffee and tea (I'm a tea drinker but have lots of coffee friends). Stamp Nation members get first dibs on ordering which in the beginning was a major plus for members becauses those boxes sold out in hours of being released. Now she has the "wait list" so I believe it's given her a much better idea of how many will be needed to meet the orders. It appears they still sell out in just a couple days. Usually a few months later she brings everything into her store for sale individually, which does amount to a bit more. Buying the product in the kit is a better buy.

I just got mine yesterday. I haven't had a chance to play yet, but today is a free day for me so................... off to my craftroom.

Barbara and Pat I missed that you two also get these kits! Awesome!

Barbara thanks for cluing me in about the price for non-members. When I saw $120 crossed out for $97 I was wondering if that was the public price. Good to know. I think the $97 is a decent price for what you get in the basic kit. I'm semi-kicking myself for not getting the tea set as well. Maybe in a few months when it's available I will. Meanwhile I haven't touched the half of this kit, LOL. What do you think of the inks? I'm really liking them. I want to get the "Party" set next I think. I love the Zen group but I also want some of the brighter colors.
FARLEY in Sacramento
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Farley, I love her inks. They stamp so crisp and clean that you almost don't need a stamp positioner. (I still use it though because I'm so bad at making my sentiments straight) And like the new TH line of Distress Oxides, you can do almost almost anything with them, but they don't dry to that "chalky" look, which I don't mind really in the Oxides. But if you don't want that look, these are for you.

The Midnight Ink will stain your clear stamps, but the Black Jack (which is technically gray) doesn't and it is still very dark. Icing on the Cake is a beautiful brown. If you want to try her inks, get what she calls the "Neutral" collection, everyone needs a good black, gray and brown.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

fuzzylover wrote:Farley, I love her inks. They stamp so crisp and clean that you almost don't need a stamp positioner. (I still use it though because I'm so bad at making my sentiments straight) And like the new TH line of Distress Oxides, you can do almost almost anything with them, but they don't dry to that "chalky" look, which I don't mind really in the Oxides. But if you don't want that look, these are for you.

The Midnight Ink will stain your clear stamps, but the Black Jack (which is technically gray) doesn't and it is still very dark. Icing on the Cake is a beautiful brown. If you want to try her inks, get what she calls the "Neutral" collection, everyone needs a good black, gray and brown.

I’m agreeing with all you said. I have the 5 pads from the Foundations kit plus I added the Zen group a few weeks ago. And yes I’ve stained a few with that black. I like the “mystery” Coffee Over that came with this SOA. Next I’ll add Party plus the grey or the Black Jack. Thanks for the tip.

Played today with the dotted stencil and some more with WOOHOO. I’ll be posting tonight or tomorrow.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Isn’t it wonderful when you find new products that get you all excited about your hobby again?
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:Isn’t it wonderful when you find new products that get you all excited about your hobby again?
Is that why we keep buying stuff?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com