Apr 2018-Random/Vintage image (see update in first post)

pamcook

Apr 2018-Random/Vintage image (see update in first post)

Post by pamcook »

During the month of April, Shimelle plans to have a challenge where we use up our random image embellishments. You know, the llamas, flamingos, giraffes, zebras...all those creatures we have languishing in our stash because they're cute but how on earth do you use them? Or in my case - die cuts of clothespins or scissors? I could go on and on.

So, my challenge is to find 5 of those items in your stash and use them this month. You don't have to use the whole piece - even if you choose a punch and use them as you would use scrap paper pieces. The idea is to use them up. Bonus points for using more than 5 pieces during the month.

Need inspiration? Watch her Glitter Girl video for today (3/27) or follow her this month on facebook. I plan to play along so I'll be posting pages in this thread. Cards are a perfect way to use some.

No random images in your stash? Go buy some! (JK) Choose 5 pieces from your stash that you've had for quite a while and resolve to get them on pages (or cards) this month!

Bonus points for posting a photo of the items you will use (because doing so somehow motivates me to get started).

ETA - Maybe you don’t have random items in your stash? You can still join in. Choose vintage items from your stash instead. You don’t have to watch the videos. The idea is to try to get motivated to create something with supplies in your stash.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Re: April 2018 -Random image challenge

Post by mpizzazz »

What a good challenge, Pam! I need to go watch Glitter Girl and get motivated to do something with paper.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Here’s the link if anyone else is looking.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=19s&v=LKwU22zWKNw
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

One more in case you’re (like me) a bit intimidated by this challenge!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ckH5JJPrzvQ
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

The first 5 items on Shimelle’s challenge list. Yeah, I’m intimidated. Unicorns, cups, bicycles, zebras, and flamingos. This is going to be interesting.
F40771DC-3E01-4D3A-BF9D-423D673A3C1F.jpeg
F40771DC-3E01-4D3A-BF9D-423D673A3C1F.jpeg (114.73 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I do not want to look at it until I get home the 6th
I will be in DC with my youngest
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I did watch the videos and thought it was a lot of effort for Shimelle to use 3 chameleons. I'd have used that paper for a matt and then used the 3 punched out ones for embellies. It was interesting how she tied it all into a rainbow theme though-but a lot of effort.

And I've never seen the point of unicorns except in Harry Potter movies. Nor do I see the point of takeout coffee cup images since I don't ever buy coffee like that but you could cut the words out of that one cup and use those on a layout.

OK, I'm not much help at all! But I do like the zebra and flamingo. :lol: And bicycles. a trip to The Netherlands?????
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote:I did watch the videos and thought it was a lot of effort for Shimelle to use 3 chameleons. I'd have used that paper for a matt and then used the 3 punched out ones for embellies. It was interesting how she tied it all into a rainbow theme though-but a lot of effort.

And I've never seen the point of unicorns except in Harry Potter movies. Nor do I see the point of takeout coffee cup images since I don't ever buy coffee like that but you could cut the words out of that one cup and use those on a layout.

OK, I'm not much help at all! But I do like the zebra and flamingo. :lol: And bicycles. a trip to The Netherlands?????
Actually, the unicorns will be the easiest - and nothing at all to do with Harry Potter!
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I'm with Marianne on this...too much thinking for the end result. I get impatient watching her.

Get out your punches and use if necessary.

Great choices to begin with Pam. I see a FUN layout in the making. I look forward to finished layout.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Keitha

Re: Apr 2018-Random/Vintage image (see update in first post)

Post by Keitha »

Fun challenge Pam. Not one I'll likely get to this month though. I'd have an easier time using llamas than bicycles I think. And no Marianne, I did not buy my new llama sheets just so I could make a layout about them and have a reason to use that llama sticker, LOL.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Keitha wrote:Fun challenge Pam. Not one I'll likely get to this month though. I'd have an easier time using llamas than bicycles I think. And no Marianne, I did not buy my new llama sheets just so I could make a layout about them and have a reason to use that llama sticker, LOL.
Are you sure!?? :P
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Hmmmm....llama sheets?

Looking at what you have to work with Pam makes my head hurt. But if anyone can pull it off, you can. But no pressure. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Pam, I can't wait to see what you do with this. My problem is that I'm too literal. In my head a zebra, bike and flamingo just don't go together and I would have a really hard time using them on the same page.

I had a picture of my husband and two boys on the beach at Cape Cod. You couldn't see the water, just the sand, but I kept thinking I HAD to make a beach themed page. It just wasn't working, but as soon as I got the beach theme out of my head and looked at different papers and embellishments it all came together - but it took me 2 DAYS to figure it out :wtf:
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pugmom wrote:Pam, I can't wait to see what you do with this. My problem is that I'm too literal. In my head a zebra, bike and flamingo just don't go together and I would have a really hard time using them on the same page.

I had a picture of my husband and two boys on the beach at Cape Cod. You couldn't see the water, just the sand, but I kept thinking I HAD to make a beach themed page. It just wasn't working, but as soon as I got the beach theme out of my head and looked at different papers and embellishments it all came together - but it took me 2 DAYS to figure it out :wtf:
Oh goodness! I could never use all 5 on one page! Well, I could but I’d probably hate it. Sorry for misleading you. I’m very literal so, I’m looking forward to this month and hope others will join in. When I see folks use these random items, it changes my perspective on them.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Here’s my unicorn pages. Mia’s birthday (last August). I considered a two page layout but it just didn’t work in my head.
I do believe I have more unicorns in my stash than I’ll ever need/use. Who would like some?
90C2B9C3-3E54-43A0-9690-AB5696830E07.jpeg
90C2B9C3-3E54-43A0-9690-AB5696830E07.jpeg (163.07 KiB) Viewed 436 times
38ADE598-B074-4B7A-AE37-1A53E1B3F0A8.jpeg
38ADE598-B074-4B7A-AE37-1A53E1B3F0A8.jpeg (154.96 KiB) Viewed 436 times
Pam Cook #48