Group card question

azemigh

Group card question

Post by azemigh »

I'm doing some reorganizing and have come across a TON of cards from swaps and such. I want to donate some to my garden club's upcoming Garden Marketplace for their card tree. Proceeds all go to their scholarship fund for local high school seniors going to college, majoring in an environmental field.

My question is, does anyone here object to their cards being passed along in this way?

If you do object, please let me know here or you can pm me. I will assume if I don't hear from you then it is ok.

Thanks a bunch!
mpizzazz

Re: Group card question

Post by mpizzazz »

That's a great idea, Rachelle! How does the card tree work with donated cards? Or is it the same as any card tree but with nicer pictures on the cards? :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

If you have any of mine, I have no problem helping a good cause

but, what is a card tree?
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

that's a great idea
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Sounds like a great idea. :)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Such a great idea. No objections from me.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Fine by me. You need more cards for it? :tomato:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Oh, I just called the thing that holds all the cards a tree. It's just a regular commercial card stand that holds greeting cards.
Nothing special about it. I don't think we need any more this year, but we do this annually the Saturday of mother's day weekend and I'm sure we will need more next year. I'll let you all know in case you've got extras lying around. ;)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I’m fine with the idea but I still don’t understand what this card donation does for your garden club and how it works.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

paddlegal wrote:I’m fine with the idea but I still don’t understand what this card donation does for your garden club and how it works.
I'm fine with it also, but I'm curious as to how a card you received from someone else can benefit your club. Are the cards blank inside and unsigned or are you going to cut off the front panel and remount it onto another blank card? (It's only about 5:30 am so I may not be thinking clearly yet :lol: )
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

See we are all willing to share. but we all want details :lol: Not to object but just because we are all curious cats
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Willing to share also.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Guess I should have explained more before I disappeared for the summer. Sorry about that folks. Our garden club's main focus is to give scholarships to students graduating from our local high school and going on to college in a field that is generally beneficial to the environment, landscaping, water conservation, etc. On Mother's Day weekend we have an annual Garden Market and Plant sale with the proceeds going to this scholarship fund. All of us in the garden club contribute plants we've cultivated or craft items to the sale. Last year I went through all the cards I've made and received in swaps that are accumulating and donated them to the sale. These were mostly unsent cards, like from the monthly themed swap we did for a few years. We also have a little card group within the garden club who get together and make cards specifically for the sale. I believe we gave out $1000 scholarships to 3 different students and expanded to give 1 $500 scholarship to an adult returning to college. Hope that answers some of your questions and sorry I've been absent. The market blows my summer away and then the holidays and you know, blah, blah, blah,...where does the time go!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Rachelle thanks for checking in with us. Your program sounds fantastic and very successful. Way to go.

So stick around for awhile? :D
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Thanks, Farley! I am hoping to fit more time in for PAO, I miss it, I may be a lurker, but will try to participate when I can. My mother is having quite a few health issues and I'm dealing with that as well, but I will try.

If anyone would like to donate cards for the sale we would be happy to take them. The cards are great sellers and every little bit helps. They added the crafts and cards to the sale 3 years ago and have almost doubled the amount of scholarships given out.