My Rainy Day of Card Making

paddlegal

My Rainy Day of Card Making

Post by paddlegal »

So by 11:30 this morning I had my day well planned out. First some raptor study with a latte and then some cards. HA!

Bob’s much needed new lenses for his glasses were in. So at noon off into the storm we go...I drove...in a downpour...30 minutes to optician. On the way my car did a brief but alarming aqua planing! I’d never had that happen before. While optician is cutting the lens to fit his frames we go to the music store (even further out) for Bob to check out some horns. Back to the optician and then straight to America’s Tires. Four new tires...I won’t mention what that cost but boy are they terrific. Felt the difference immediately. We finally got home about 3:30.

But...I was determined to at least make a card or two. These were just for fun ones using my new Hero Arts “Bird Speak” kit. Not crazy about the yellow one but happy enough with them both.

Best made plans...
Attachments
B132664B-8BAC-4CC3-942A-656CBD1A8003.jpeg
B132664B-8BAC-4CC3-942A-656CBD1A8003.jpeg (86.24 KiB) Viewed 431 times
6E416E44-DA6B-437B-B5B1-123A64B9CB3E.jpeg
6E416E44-DA6B-437B-B5B1-123A64B9CB3E.jpeg (117.26 KiB) Viewed 431 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Re: My Rainy Day of Card Making

Post by pat-czap »

Some days...the best laid plans, and all that. ;)

In the end, errands done, and safely back home.

Glad you had the chance to make a few lovely cards!

I went to DR, then grocery store. It was pouring rain. When I came out of store, it was crazy snowing and snowed all evening.

March came in like a lion...
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Lovely cards, Farley!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Your cards are always wonderful!
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Great cards! you accomplished a lot.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

beautiful cards

tires probably around 600.00
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Cool cards!

Have you seen the info about the yellow eastern cardinal? Seen in Alabama. Apparently rare genetic mutation. Pretty cool in a non-traditional way.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nchoney wrote:Cool cards!

Have you seen the info about the yellow eastern cardinal? Seen in Alabama. Apparently rare genetic mutation. Pretty cool in a non-traditional way.

Oh yes I”ve heard about it. It is not a mutation. It’s just a bit lost. This yellow cardinal is normally
found in South America! This bird is what is known as a “vagrant”. Sometimes during migration a bird will get lost or weather conditions just send it off in a new direction and out of it’s normal territory or migration path. We had a vagrant Marsh Sandpiper here in Sac Valley a year ago. It was supposed to be in China!

And thanks all for everyone’s great comments.

And Jill, I wish they had been 600! But I was out driving in the rain again today by myself (birding:) and they performed so well. I feel very confident in them so worth the $$$$
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Hmm. While there is a South American yellow cardinal which is typically a caged bird, the photos I've seen of the one found in Alabama suggest it's a Northern Cardinal with a genetic mutation affecting its colour. But what do I know, LOL? It's sure been the talk of the birding forums for a few days now.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha wrote:Hmm. While there is a South American yellow cardinal which is typically a caged bird, the photos I've seen of the one found in Alabama suggest it's a Northern Cardinal with a genetic mutation affecting its colour. But what do I know, LOL? It's sure been the talk of the birding forums for a few days now.

Well what do I know also, LOL. I looked it up and saw it’s in S Am. But how interesting if this is an intergrade or a mutation/morph. There hasn’t been any talk out here about it on the boards. But a friend in MO sent me their local info on this bird. Very interesting. Unless that bird is captured and DNA tested, it seems to me that it’s a lot of speculation.

Whatever it is, it’s pretty darn cute!
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Yep. Look for the one being seen in Alabama. Its not the south American bird. It's definitely a mutation of a regular cardinal.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Lovely
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I love your cards. Have to ask, how did you get the texture in the first one. It really looks like feathers.