Rachelle's June 2016 Art a Day Creations

paddlegal

Re: Rachelle's June 2016 Art a Day Creations

Post by paddlegal »

Rachelle your LOs are so cool but then you have such interesting, cool things to scrap!
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful to see that lighthouse! I would love being close enough to one to see the light. You have done a great job on these pages.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Wow! Day 10 and I'm still going strong.

Another SCA layout. This one of our new Viking fire frame. One of the rules at events is that if you want an open fire it must be at least 16 inches off the ground. Most of the places events are set in are not campgrounds and they don't want the land to be scarred by fires. The household we stayed with in February in Arizona had 2 of these fire frames and we thought they were really cool, so Roger set about making one for our household. Can also be used in our yard here if we want.
Attachments
VikingFireFramej.jpg
VikingFireFramej.jpg (186.16 KiB) Viewed 294 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

That's a good idea for a fire. I had to really zoom in on your layout it looked like Roger had duct tape over his mouth, it was just his silver beard! At first I thought he must have been really bad to have duct tape on his mouth! Lol
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Love the page and I'm fascinated with the fire frame.

Debbie scares me sometimes... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie J wrote:That's a good idea for a fire. I had to really zoom in on your layout it looked like Roger had duct tape over his mouth, it was just his silver beard! At first I thought he must have been really bad to have duct tape on his mouth! Lol

What a fun LO Rachelle!

(Debbie, I took a double take on the duct tape too). :lol: Thank goodness for zoom features.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Ok, I am now consumed with thoughts of a left coast ReCreate. I will even sleep in the Viking tent is I could see the light house and go clamming. Your pages are beautiful Rachelle.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Cool layout and very cool fire frame.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Debbie J wrote:That's a good idea for a fire. I had to really zoom in on your layout it looked like Roger had duct tape over his mouth, it was just his silver beard! At first I thought he must have been really bad to have duct tape on his mouth! Lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny! I'm sure the boys would love to slap some duct tape on his mouth at times! They usually settle for a friendly "up yours, dad"!

The fire frame worked out wonderfully and we had several visitors come by to take a look at the construction. I think we'll be seeing more fire frames next year.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The fire frame is a wonderful idea. And I did a double take on the tape, too. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I mostly worked on a prototype for the wedding invitations today. If I'm up to it, I'll try to get another digi layout done, but might just put my feet up and watch tv.

They picked out 2 script and 2 print fonts that they liked and I did a prototype using each script with each print. Hard to tell the difference on the print, but it's there. Also embossed the trees on 2 of them and left them matte on the others. Hopefully, they'll like one and I'll be able to go from there. They've definitely settled on the style and kraft paper so we're just narrowing down the font. And, of course, this is my favorite tree stamp from CS Great Outdoors.

Their first choice was the script on the bottom 2. I like either one with the embossed trees. The actual message isn't correct yet either. I just put in what we know for sure and place holders for the other lines.
Attachments
SampleKraft.jpg
SampleKraft.jpg (88.1 KiB) Viewed 268 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I like the script on the bottom two, also. It has more of a medieval feel. Love the trees and the simplicity of the invitations.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

These are fascinating layouts and projects, Rachelle.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Beautiful invitations! I do like the bottom two the best (if I had to choose) but they're all four beautiful.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Trixie wrote:Ok, I am now consumed with thoughts of a left coast ReCreate. I will even sleep in the Viking tent is I could see the light house and go clamming. Your pages are beautiful Rachelle.
Not committing to a Viking tent, but love the idea of a west coast ReCreate. I presume left is west, LOL?

Great page and subject!