Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Debbie J

Re: Debbie B's June LOAD Challenge

Post by Debbie J »

June 14

Jen has me hooked on those scribbles!! Small, medium and large. At first I was just going to use them white and it looked like it was the actual design of the paper. So I sprayed it with black and it shows up better. Love those scribbles, Jen!!

This is Portland, Maine. We ate at that Gilbert's Chowder House. This was in October and it was a little chilly and perfect for clam chowder.

I am also posting this in the Sketch Challenge thread.....double points!!
Attachments
IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0738.JPG (176.08 KiB) Viewed 210 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Debbie, I LOVE your use of the scribble circles. Great ingenuity for that sketch.

Now that I know you and Pam use your Silhouette so much, I should ask for advice. I have an old one (SD) and I feel it isn't cutting correctly. Well, it cuts fine but it seems to jump off track once in awhile. I loaded the latest version of the software onto my new computer but it really didn't make much difference. Just wondering if you have similar issues occasionally.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

ScrappinJen wrote:Debbie, I LOVE your use of the scribble circles. Great ingenuity for that sketch.

Now that I know you and Pam use your Silhouette so much, I should ask for advice. I have an old one (SD) and I feel it isn't cutting correctly. Well, it cuts fine but it seems to jump off track once in awhile. I loaded the latest version of the software onto my new computer but it really didn't make much difference. Just wondering if you have similar issues occasionally.
No , thank goodness! I only know the bare basics and then it's a lot of cussing! I did have that problem once and noticed I didn't have that roller bar clamped down like it's supposed to be.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great page and great idea to use the circles this way!

Jen, I haven't had that problem. I had problems with mine pausing mid cut and at random times. I changed a setting recommended by Kerri Bradford (I'd tell you what it was but I'd have to kill - I mean - I'd have to remember what it was or which video in which class I saw it.) and luckily, no more problems. For sure call the help desk people.
Pam Cook #48
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Wonderful LOs...June 11 is my favorite!
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Thanks, Pam, I've taken a couple of her classes so I should check back. Ha. As if....
But I never dreamed I'd actually get help from a help desk. I figured they'd just tell me to update my hardware. It is seven years old now. There have been a few advancements. I only have the Silhouette SD. 8 1/2 by 11. I'm hankering for a 12 inch model but then I think, do I really need that?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ScrappinJen wrote:Thanks, Pam, I've taken a couple of her classes so I should check back. Ha. As if....
But I never dreamed I'd actually get help from a help desk. I figured they'd just tell me to update my hardware. It is seven years old now. There have been a few advancements. I only have the Silhouette SD. 8 1/2 by 11. I'm hankering for a 12 inch model but then I think, do I really need that?
:hijack: (Sorry Debbie!) - mine is the very first model - sounds like the same as yours. I've had very good experiences when I've called the help desk. You might have luck emailing Kerri Bradford as well. I would bet it's a setting that just needs to be changed. She said sometimes the older models can't keep up with the amount of data coming in at any given second so changing that setting sometimes helped - sure enough. The problem she mentioned had nothing to do with the machine pausing from time to time but it helped anyway. Is Lori Whitlock another designer who does S classes? Worth a try. They're too expensive to have just sitting on a shelf. I'll bet I haven't cut 30 designs total. trying to remedy that.

So I don't feel completely guilty for the hijack - I plan to buy that scribble file tonight and get something made with it this week. There. I've put it in writing so I have to follow through.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

:hijack:
So sorry, Debbie. I should have started a Silhouette thread. Hanging head in shame.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I'm interested in silhouette too, no worries!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

June 15, half way there...woohoo

Another LO from our NE trip. This is called The Carrying Place. This is a beautiful area.

This is what a website I visited had to say:

Benedict Arnold and his expedition trekked across the township between the Kennebec and the Dead rivers, a twelve mile journey across the Carry Ponds and through bogs in 1775. Here are some excerpts from his account:

Wednesday, October 11, 1775. We embarked early this morning and proceeded up the [Kennebec] river, the stream very rapid indeed. At 10, arrived at the Great Carrying Place which is very remarkable, a large brook [Carrying Place Stream] emptying itself into the river just above, which comes out of the first lake [East Carry Pond]. When abreast of the carrying place in the river, you will observe at about 400 yards above you a large mountain [Gates Hill in Caratunk] . . . . Met Lt. Church who had been at the Dead River on a survey and reports as follows: from the Kennebec over the portage to the first pond or lake, course west 27 degrees north, distance 3 1/4 miles, rising ground, bad road but capable of being made good.
Attachments
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG (181.54 KiB) Viewed 176 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Fascinating bit of history and a beautiful page. The grey rose paper is reminiscent of the marker stone's pattern. A part of the country I doubt I'll ever see in person so I love seeing your pages (and Christy's).
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Love it. I've not been to any part of New England. Hope to do it someday. Hubby isn't interested.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Maine is on my bucket list to visit. Love the historic pages.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I went to Maine once. I got stock on the Toll Way and had no choice but to keep going until inside Maine where I could turn around. But first I had some lunch before exiting Maine. :lol: :lol: :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento