Making Trifold Card with Oval Opening

mpizzazz

Making Trifold Card with Oval Opening

Post by mpizzazz »

I have a quilting friend who makes cards with machine embroideries on the front. She uses a 5 x 7" trifold card with an oval opening that is 4 x 3.25". The total card is 15 x 7" when opened flat.

Do any of you card makers have any ideas how she could make them herself? I was hoping she would want a smaller size that fits on a 12 x 12" paper and doing a diecut oval on the front might be easy enough to do. I'm not sure about paper that would be 15" wide or more and not have a lot of waste per card. I think she's better off just buying them and also getting the matching envelope.

Any suggestions?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
EDelValle

Re: Making Trifold Card with Oval Opening

Post by EDelValle »

Don't they usually join two pieces
of card stock at the center fold to
make a longer card
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks, Elizabeth. I think a paper crafter would do that. We have found some card bases like she wants online fairly cheap so I think she will go with those.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Canson and possibly others make a cardstock that's bigger; I've used it to make accordion albums. It's a bit thinner than Bazzill but is not too flimsy if you adhere patterned paper to it, which can be cut to fit each page so it doesn't go over the fold, too. I bought mine in the local art supply place; I've never looked to see if Michaels carries something similar.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I've seen extra long patterned card stock at JoAnn's. 12X17 I think? I believe it's intended for cutting machines like Cricut. Which brings to mind that if you search for SVG files you might find something that could be cut out easily on a Silhouette or Cricut, etc.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks for all the suggestions. Since she isn't a paper crafter :shock: , I think cutting them herself or me doing it would be too much work and cost more for the oversize paper. It will be much easier to buy the bases and envelopes online. I have no idea how many she wants.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels