Updating Last Visit

Notes to and from the paowers that be
mpizzazz

Updating Last Visit

Post by mpizzazz »

Is this supposed to work this way:
For about 3 weeks, I never logged out and my "Last visit" was given as Dec. 7th. so when I hit View New Posts, each visit, it gave me EVERYTHING since Dec. 7th. Yesterday I logged out and then back in and it updated the "Last Visit" until Sunday, Dec 21. Now it is staying there.

Am I just lucky or does this happen to other people, too? Do I need to change something to get it to update each visit?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Cathy

Re: Updating Last Visit

Post by Cathy »

Marianne,
This board always keeps me logged in; I never log out - and the posts are always updated for me. Weird that you are having that problem.
I would look around in your control settings......???
Not sure.
cathy:)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Marianne - I have a lot of problems when I'm bouncing my logins between admin and my other self. ;-) I can't get the "view new posts" to work right at all when I do that. I have to completely clear the browser cache for it to behave properly. But if I do the login automatically each visit (and stick with one identity), then everything seems to work fine.

The only thing I can think to have you check is in the user control panel - there are some board preferences and posting preferences. There is a spot where you can say for recent posts whether you want to see the last day, the last week, or whatever. I think the default is to see everything that's new. But I've mucked around with the settings so much I'm not sure which settings are the default any more.

Good luck, and when all else fails, clear the browser cache. Removing old files seems to be that generic "fix it all" solution that cures most ills. :-)
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

I never log out here either.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

I never log out and seems to work ok for me....
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

LOL, it's funny, I ALWAYS log out of everything. A little bit of compulsiveness, I know. But the last visit stuff works perfectly for me. :D
Holly

Post by Holly »

I don't log out either. And my last visit shows Dec 7th. I turn my PC off daily.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I never log out but do turn off the computer each night and I just noticed that it says "last visit" 12/6! But "view new posts" works right for me each time.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Paula

Post by Paula »

same here, I don't log off, but my new posts are showing okay. My last visit is 12-6

Paula
Holly

Post by Holly »

I know it's weird but I don't let it worry me. Since everything else is so great!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

You know I never log out either and never paid attention to my Last visit date but it says Sun Dec 7, 2008 8:21 am. Now you know I've been here since then :lol:
:santa:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

You know, ladies, looking back it was Dec 7 when we had that big site outage. I'm guessing you need to log out and log back on to get that last visit reset.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Hmmmm, since I'm heading to bed anyhow. I will log out for the night and see what it does in the morning. I just hope I remember the correct password. Good night all.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
southernpeach35

Post by southernpeach35 »

lol..........i never really paid any attention to the "last visit" thing. mine says Sun Dec 7, as well....what a hoot
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Clearing the cache - as in clearing the history from your settings?
cathy:)