I'm sorry I started this!

troublesmom

Re: I'm sorry I started this!

Post by troublesmom »

I also have a container full of Christmas stamps in the sleeves. So much less space than the original containers.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I have now broken down all my large monthly Unity sets...some KOTMs and some SMAKs. Now I'm looking with a wary eye at the smaller specialty sets. Many I'll keep as is. Of course I have no idea how I'm going to store them yet.

The pink sticky notes represent the 8 categories I've chosen so far. Two of them, sentiments and seasonal will have to break down further. Fun, fun, fun!!!
Attachments
20160219_154404-640x360.jpg
20160219_154404-640x360.jpg (79.41 KiB) Viewed 338 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Ugh! Your task is wearing me out.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I went to bed exhausted last night but very pleased. As I reorganized all that rubber I ruthlessly gleaned about a third of it for a garage sale in April. Oh yeah, I'm getting rid of a ton of stuff. And it's going to be priced to sell. If it doesn't sell then it gets dumped off that same day either at Goodwill Express or several teacher friends' homes if they want it. My cluster is driving me crazy.

I've only begun to scratch the surface.
I'm in serious purge mode. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have so many Club Scrap stamps that I will never ever use. I need to do that. I Like regular sayings and scenes and so many stamps made no sense to me. I do have a lot I will keep but the rest will go. I even have some Stampin' Up! ones that will go.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

troublesmom wrote:I have so many Club Scrap stamps that I will never ever use. I need to do that. I Like regular sayings and scenes and so many stamps made no sense to me. I do have a lot I will keep but the rest will go. I even have some Stampin' Up! ones that will go.

That's the trouble with sheets of unmounted stamps. Most sayings on them I will never use. I'm throwing those all loose into a bin and will mark them 10 cents. Maybe that's not cheap enough. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

I still like the SU kits for my SU and PTI stamps, and they fit great in a drawer next to my work station.
My idea is that I can only have as many can fit in the drawer, so I've purged as I get new.

I have a bunch of stuff I need to drop off at the stamp store flea market Sunday when I get home from Fresno. Last year I missed it, so all year I've set things aside as I find them. Drastically reduced prices :lol: and they give you the option to either pick up unsold items or donate to RAFT a recycle type place just for teachers. Mine are getting donated! But secretly I hope it all sells!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nancine wrote:I still like the SU kits for my SU and PTI stamps, and they fit great in a drawer next to my work station.
My idea is that I can only have as many can fit in the drawer, so I've purged as I get new.

I have a bunch of stuff I need to drop off at the stamp store flea market Sunday when I get home from Fresno. Last year I missed it, so all year I've set things aside as I find them. Drastically reduced prices :lol: and they give you the option to either pick up unsold items or donate to RAFT a recycle type place just for teachers. Mine are getting donated! But secretly I hope it all sells!

That's nice that they have a place they will recycle for you and take care of it. I'm getting quite a pile. But I am pleased with how it's starting to shape up. The only sets of stamps that I really am keeping together are the CTMH. Partly because they come in sheets that are 6x6 and doesn't work as well with my 5x7 configuration I'm trying to coerce all my other stamps into.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

Yeah, those CTMH sets don't fit any of th "normal" storage solutions! I found a box they fit in so I have kept them in there, but then they are put away and I forget about them!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Nancy mine are in plain sight and I forget about them. I think some may have to go into the sale pile. Many of the "free" ones that came either from the Cricut cartridge purchases or hostess sets weren't always that desirable to me. I think they are history.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

paddlegal wrote:Nancy mine are in plain sight and I forget about them. I think some may have to go into the sale pile. Many of the "free" ones that came either from the Cricut cartridge purchases or hostess sets weren't always that desirable to me. I think they are history.
Totally agree! I might have to dig them out & slap a price on them before I go over there today!