2016 February Card Sketch Challenge - Draw It, Color It!

ScrappinJen

Re: 2016 February Card Sketch Challenge - Draw It, Color It!

Post by ScrappinJen »

By the way, Farley, your name came up on the CS board this week. Your legend lives on.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:By the way, Farley, your name came up on the CS board this week. Your legend lives on.

What legend could that be??? :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

This little neighborhood has been in my head for quite some time. This afternoon I finally sketched it out in pencil, inked it with a black PITT pen and then colored it with Tombow markers adding water and blender pen.

At some point I'll add a sentiment when I know the recipient.
Attachments
20160216_171409~2-640x461.jpg
20160216_171409~2-640x461.jpg (62.45 KiB) Viewed 274 times
20160216_202051-1-640x520.jpg
20160216_202051-1-640x520.jpg (61.45 KiB) Viewed 274 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very cute, Farley. I made a couple last night but have to post them in PSL first before posting here. You know the rules. I'll try to get that done tomorrow. Can't post in their gallery from a mobile device (not mine anyway) so I have to boot up old skool to do it.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Your neighborhood is so cute and wonderful Farley.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:Very cute, Farley. I made a couple last night but have to post them in PSL first before posting here. You know the rules. I'll try to get that done tomorrow. Can't post in their gallery from a mobile device (not mine anyway) so I have to boot up old skool to do it.

Thanks Jen and Pat!

Jen I'm curious and looking forward to seeing what you've done and how you're incorporating it into the PSL. Before I switched to android phone I was able on my iPhone 5s (isn't that what you have?) to post photos here. Just before the switch I found the "Image Size" app that allowed me to post from my phone. There were several apps out there for Apple and androids. This one is a really simple app but it worked fairly well.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

What a happy little neighborhood! Love it.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I think you can post in your gallery from a mobile. But in order to post in the threads (required for PSL), you need Java or whatever it is that allows pop ups. I can't 'splain it but Julie tells me that's how it is. And it's how I've found it to be from my device.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I see. I am forgetting that CS has a different forum from this one now. For here I can just imbed the photos in a post using the "choose file" below just like I would on the computer from my iPad or android. Pity they chose a forum format that doesn't jive with today's devices.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I love that little neighborhood and now I have an earworm "it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood..".
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I haven't downloaded an app to resize on iPhone. I just go to picresizer in my browser and do it there. Easy peasy.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

With all my initial whining about their message board, I have become quite comfortable with it. It serves my needs, which are posting layouts and cards. I'm not too interested in chatter.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:With all my initial whining about their message board, I have become quite comfortable with it. It serves my needs, which are posting layouts and cards. I'm not too interested in chatter.

That's great. I know if I gave it a chance I'd catch on to their forum eventually. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Okay, I know this is cheating a bit but I swear, I have not an artistic bone in my body. I used the cupcake stencil from CS 50's Kitchen to trace and then I colored it in with Zig Clean Color pens. You are asking way too much for me to draw a cupcake. HA HA

Actually, I did find an online tutorial and drew a few cupcakes, freehand. I will continue to work with them and perhaps they will appear here later in the month. Thanks for this very challenging challenge.
Attachments
Celebrate3ofaKindCupcake PAO.jpg
Celebrate3ofaKindCupcake PAO.jpg (94.36 KiB) Viewed 231 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

And here's another one. I am content with them. I think this is my fave. You may be able (or not) to tell that I was trying to achieve a Wayne Thiebaud look. Didn't quite make it but I'm happy with the results and will continue my efforts. These were made for the three of a Kind challenge in PSL. So I guess I'll post in that thread also. Thread hog.
Attachments
Celebrate 3ofaKind Cupcake PAO.jpg
Celebrate 3ofaKind Cupcake PAO.jpg (100.3 KiB) Viewed 231 times