2016 Christmas Cards - February

pamcook

2016 Christmas Cards - February

Post by pamcook »

Farley is ready to get us going for February!
It's not too late to jump in with us.
No rules here. The goal is to get your card stash built up for 2016.

Take it away, Farley!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Re: 2016 Christmas Cards - February

Post by paddlegal »

Okay here we go for our next 5 holiday cards. I made a "formula" of sorts AKA CS idea deck style...remember "sort of". I hope you can follow this, :lol:

My goal aside from making holiday cards was to challenge and limit us to 3, 12X12 sheets of paper. I found using 3 sheets from a coordinated 12X12 pad made it pretty easy to make these cards. Using double sided paper more so, giving you more choices. If you happen to have a sticker sheet that goes with the papers or any kind, as I did, that is a bonus! I will admit that I stayed up until 2 am this morning making these. I was on a roll, having fun and didn't want to quit until they were done. I think this is the first time I've ever made cards using stickers exclusively. Now you don't need to do that. There will be plenty of excess paper after cutting the card bases for stamping, mattes and die cuts if you choose. Remember, these are your cards.

Materials:
3, 12X12 sheets of printed and or plain card stock, double or single sided.
(I used paper and sticker sheets from an Echo Park kit that's been hanging around for at least 2 years! I am so happy I cut into it.)
Stickers...optional.

Instructions:

IMPORTANT...you don't have to cut your paper as I did. If you see a different way you would like to cut, by all means do that. I just think it's fun to make it a bit challenging and limit ourselves to 3 sheets of paper.

1. Cut one 12X12 sheet at 4 1/4". Turn it horizontally and cut at 11". Score at 5 1/2". There is your first A2 card.

2. Cut second sheet at 10". Turn horizontally and cut again at 10". Now cut that in half at 5", scoring each card at 5" to make 2, 5" square cards.

3. Cut third sheet at 8 1/2". Turn horizontally and cut at 11". Turn that sheet vertically and cut at 4 1/4", scoring at 5 1/2" or turn it horizontally and cut at 5 1/2", scoring at 4 1/4" depending on the orientation you would like. Now you have two more A2 sized cards.

Now with the remaining scraps make mattes, die cuts or stamp on it.

Embellishing...the sky's the limit. My embellishment of choice was Stickles in Crystal. LOVE that one. Go have fun with this. I can't wait to see the variations on this.
Attachments
February holiday challenge 3.jpg
February holiday challenge 3.jpg (121.09 KiB) Viewed 896 times
Feb Holiday Card Challenge 2.jpg
Feb Holiday Card Challenge 2.jpg (156.94 KiB) Viewed 896 times
Feb Holiday Card Challenge 1.jpg
Feb Holiday Card Challenge 1.jpg (133.83 KiB) Viewed 896 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

cute ones
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Oh, I love this idea, Farley! I don't have much 12 x 12" Christmas paper. I might have to do something not traditional :shock: And there's lots of scope for embellishing. :cool5:
I must go get out my paper so I will have something to think about during the 4 am cat yowling session.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Adorable. Love that Scottie dog.

Excellent suggestion for the limit of three papers. Because we all have so little paper. :lol:

Seriously..I love a challenge like this. Great idea. And sketch.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great challenge and your cards are so pretty. Interesting how they all look so different even though your supplies are "limited".

I need to get up from this sofa and do some crafting.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Oh gosh. This reminds me. I need to get a layout sketch up. If anyone is interested?
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thanks all! I wish all the Stickles I used showed up. It really adds to these cards IRL. Each card has a spot or two or more of the glitter glue. I used up most of my little bottle. Must get another one. I'm now addicted to Stickles. I never used it much before this.

Jen, I knew you'd like the Scottie. He's really adorable. Wish there was another one of him.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

ScrappinJen wrote:Oh gosh. This reminds me. I need to get a layout sketch up. If anyone is interested?
Yes, of course!
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Excellent challenge Farley.

I like all the cards you made.

I used a similar approach to the cards I made for the PAO Cards swap this past year...stickers galore and a CS card cutting diagram.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
nancine

Post by nancine »

Good challenge! I'll have to look in my Christmas stash and see what I have!

Your cards turned out great, and that Scotti is too cute!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

All this mention of the Scottie (who is really cute) has me thinking about cards with an Airedale on them. I have several Airedale Rescue friends and every year in about December I think I should do cards especially for them.

Wendy and I are going to get together one afternoon this week and make the cards.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:All this mention of the Scottie (who is really cute) has me thinking about cards with an Airedale on them. I have several Airedale Rescue friends and every year in about December I think I should do cards especially for them.

Wendy and I are going to get together one afternoon this week and make the cards.

Thanks everyone for all your great comments and enthusiasm for this challenge!

Marianne, how cute that would be to have an Airedale on their cards. I like when you can really personalize someone's card. Looking forward to seeing yours and everyone else who joins in.
FARLEY in Sacramento
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Marianne,
I have an Airedale lover friend in PA
She lives in the Allentown area. Mabe I should have you
do a card for her while you're creating :)
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Here are mine. Dug deep into the stash for these supplies. IRL, I think the colors are too similar but they're done, right? And, I adjusted the card size to fit envelopes I have one hand - one of those huge boxes that never seems like I'm using any of them.
The more I limit supplies to use, the faster I can complete projects. Amazing that.
FullSizeRender (10).jpg
FullSizeRender (10).jpg (181.98 KiB) Viewed 827 times
Pam Cook #48