2015 October Card Sketch Challenge pic 2 free designs added!

paddlegal

2015 October Card Sketch Challenge pic 2 free designs added!

Post by paddlegal »

Coloring books are all the rage right now so I thought I'd post a page for us all to play with. This is a free download from one of my favorite artists, Alisa Burke. I just love her decorative style. I'm giving you two ways to grab this coloring page. Either copy the image I've posted into your photo or graphic software or you can download directly from her website.

http://alisaburke.blogspot.com/2015/09/ ... r-you.html

Let's see how we all use the same image. How will you color it? How will you use it? A card, project or scrapbook page? Anyway you want to play with it is fine. Let's see all the different ways we can have fun with the same image. A tip: I've printed this image two different ways so far. Full size which is about 8x10, as well as a 4x6 photo size which turned out great. It scaled down the print perfectly. I used my Mac's "Photo" to do the various ways to print.

Possible ways to color this: scribble gelatos over it, water colors, metallic water colors, ink pad swipe it, ink sprays, color burst, and of course markers. Use a full size image and then cut it up for background panels. Lots of possibilities!

Added 10/26 I found 2 more designs that I missed from earlier blog posts of Alisa's. Though the month is nearly over I didn't want you all to miss two more free designs. You can print directly from the links below.

Malala
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GN7o ... 1IQjg/view

Succulents
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GN7o ... VXTEE/view

Sorry for the poor photo...
Attachments
Free Prints.jpg
Free Prints.jpg (183.61 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
fall coloring page PAO resized.jpg
fall coloring page PAO resized.jpg (237.29 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Re: 2015 October Card Sketch Challenge

Post by mpizzazz »

Fun Challenge, Farley. I've been wanting to print something and color it.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

My inkjet always smears so I'm on the sidelines for this one.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:My inkjet always smears so I'm on the sidelines for this one.

Didn't you get a new printer not that long ago? What's up with that?
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I have three printers on premises. Two are inkjet and smear or bleed when I color on them. The third is the dye sub printer for 4x6 selfies.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:I have three printers on premises. Two are inkjet and smear or bleed when I color on them. The third is the dye sub printer for 4x6 selfies.
Oh I understand now. Have you tried heat setting the ink first and printing it on heavier card stock if the printer can take it? My HP inkjet does alright with this and no bleeding. Particularly if the printed image sits for a few hours or longer.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I was looking at these coloring books at Mike's this week. (Right before I caved and bought that Shimelle pad :-o ).

I think I just don't enjoy this tedious detail coloring the way all of you seem to. Give me a broad and messy watercolor wash any day and I'm happy.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'm not much into it either. I colored a few images on the plane yesterday and realized I was wasting reading time.
I know it's supposed to be relaxing but I must need less structure. I do plan to try the prompts just because I love what others do with them.
No decorative do Starbucks cups at the Seattle airport.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

My fault...I'm sorry. I should have given more details in the coloring department. I'm not all that into coloring either unless it's a special stamp image for a particular project.

Possible ways to color this: scribble gelatos over it, water colors, metallic water colors, ink pad swipe it, ink sprays, color burst, and of course markers. Use a full size image and then cut it up for background panels.

Hope that helps.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I like this image Farley. I'll print it and see what happens.

As for coloring, I have a few of the coloring books...and they make me crazy. I seem to have no free will when it comes to choosing colors, etc. I end up creating a mess. I used to love to color as a kid, and the best thing was a new box of Crayolas!!!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

and, we are grownups now and no one says you have to color in the lines or in all the spaces. You can splash color all over and add some highlights wherever you want.
Thanks for the tips about heat setting the printer ink and using thicker paper, etc.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
nancine

Post by nancine »

I'll print it next week, no printer at home (there is one, but it doesn't work")
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I resized to a smaller size and made a card. I colored with water color pencils, and used perfect pearls mist as my "water".

Letter stickers were colored with Tattered Angels "paint".

Thanks for looking.

rsz_pa030011.jpg
rsz_pa030011.jpg (159.09 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Yes Pat, that's what I'm talking about! This is terrific and what a great idea using the pearl mist as your water. Brilliant. Thanks for playing.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Very pretty, Pat.

I was going to print one today but our power went off about 3 and came back on just as we were finishing dinner about 7:30.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels