30 DAY COLORING CHALLENGE

paddlegal

30 DAY COLORING CHALLENGE

Post by paddlegal »

Jen, Nancy and I joined this challenge yesterday and thought some of you might enjoy jumping in also or just enjoy lurking for the month of June on Kathy Racoosin's blog. She did this challenge a few months ago as well. Today is only day 2 and the great thing is it doesn't matter when you join or want to follow along in the day's challenge. It is up to you.

Yesterday and today have involved Copics but there are other coloring mediums on the horizon as well. Post your challenge art here as well as on her site or Instagram with her tags. Hope to see some of you playing along with us.

My Day 1 submission: I enjoy Copics and do the traditional blending of color families so this challenge was great in that we blended colors from very different families. My colors are a bit strange but I like the results. The card needs some other pizazz (sequins, sentiment) added but I worked on this quite late into this morning and posted it as is.

Here's the link to her challenge

http://www.thedailymarker.com/2015/06/d ... and-video/
Attachments
30 Day Color Challenge Day 1.jpg
30 Day Color Challenge Day 1.jpg (133.17 KiB) Viewed 843 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Re: 30 DAY COLORING CHALLENGE

Post by nchoney »

Very cool idea!! I'm game... I need to do some coloring and I have some alcohol ink markers (not copics... but they'll work) to do some playing with!!

Thanks for posting this!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

That stamp is pretty amazing. I would find it difficult to use. It's gorgeous on a card though.

We talked about coloring at the beach. It reminded me that I have a ton of watercolor pencils and crayons. Even when i purged my supplies, I couldn't get rid of them.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thats a Michael Strong stamp that I think I used once and have had for years! Pull out those pencils because they will be used sometime during this challenge.
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I was on a roll last night with this challenge. This is the first one I made and I have to say, using the same colors that Kathy used kind of gagged me. :lol: But what the heck, I turned it into a card.

Now to work on Day 2.
Attachments
30 Day Color Challenge Day 1 (1).jpg
30 Day Color Challenge Day 1 (1).jpg (204.77 KiB) Viewed 826 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

I'll get today's up... but yesterday's went out in the mail to a PAO birthday gal and I don't want to spoil the surprise!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, Farley, that second butterfly added a much needed jolt of sunshine to our gloomy rainy day here! :lol:
They are both lovely.

Wendy and I colored yesterday not even knowing a coloring challenge was on. I'll have to make cards out of them instead of them languishing for months as is somewhere in a pile of stuff!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Love that 2nd butterfly! I simply have a terrible time trying to color, have no luck with getting the shading correct.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I have great hopes that I can color every day for five minutes. Can she do it???

So I posted Day One in Farley's card sketch thread. Here it is again.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (135.47 KiB) Viewed 802 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Love this card Jen. Yes, can we do it? I haven't done Day 2 yet. Started one but hated it. Time for a do-over.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Realistically speaking, I know I'm not going to finish a card or layout every day. So this is Day Two.

I am planning to copy a layout from Anna-Karin at http://layersofink.blogspot.com. She used Tim's blueprints on an ultra cool page that I have been lusting after for quite awhile. So much that I HAD to go out and buy these stamps in the larger size, even though I already owned the smaller ones. Anyway, hopefully someday I'll be posting the layout. Here's the artwork, partially completed, for the time being.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (150.5 KiB) Viewed 800 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh good for you Jen! I can't wait to see what your LO looks like. These are such fun stamps. I don't feel that every challenge actually has to be in it's final form of a card or LO or project. Just the fact that we are coloring something new every day (when realistic) is great.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

Here's the coloring I did today - using a few things i learned on the blog hop today.
this link should take you to the beginning if you're interested.
http://limedoodledesign.com/2015/06/com ... ress-inks/
Attachments
ColorChallengeCopics.jpg
ColorChallengeCopics.jpg (138.01 KiB) Viewed 798 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

GORGEOUS, Nancy!! Simply gorgeous!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh WOW Nancy! A+! Your colors are so vibrant. Lovely card. I am reviewing all the sites on the blog hop to decide what I should do for Day 2. This is fabulous. I also like Shari Carroll's colored pencil flowers. What to do, what to do. Meanwhile I'm making another birthday card that doesn't fit into any challenge category as well as finish a LO for Pam's challenge. Too many fun things to do.
FARLEY in Sacramento