Question

Notes to and from the paowers that be
ChristyB

Question

Post by ChristyB »

I have someone trying to join but she has typed in the confirmation code 10 times & it keeps kicking her out.
Suggestions?
Luanne

Re: Question

Post by Luanne »

remember (it's the program, not us)

Passwords must have numbers and letters, both big and small.
the code (Isn't that annoying) is also case sensitive..big is big small is small.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Pay attention to the error message that's at the top in red. I'm no dummy, and registration took me about 10 tries too. I thought I was typing the code wrong, and kept trying, but once I bothered looking at the red error message, I noticed it was actually that my password didn't fit the requirements.

Then, like an idiot, I figured I'd start over (after I'd apparently gotten through), and tried to register again and it told me the e-mail address was already in use. DOH! So whatever I did, I finally got registered and just told my computer to remember me.

I see it this way though - one painful registration doesn't bug me - since I only have to do it once. And, as a web developer, I totally understand the desire to make it complicated. Those spam bots are some powerful smart critters. And I'm guessing *their kind* are one of the few kinds that are NOT welcome here. :thumbdown:

Find out what the exact error message is, and I'm sure someone can help her out.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

thanks let me go talk to her
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I did the same thing - it was the password - not the code. I was in such a hurry to get signed up, I wasn't reading it correctly! :oops:
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

she made it. Thanks all
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Well I finally got on Christy! It was my error, not using both upper and lower case in password. Thanks for the invite.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I just had a problem logging in too - it's remembering that you need at least one UPPER case letter in your signature. I forgot I had done that.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

It was the upper case letter that threw me, too. I finally read the directions. Doh.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

:lol: The upper case threw me too. :oops:
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Sooo, does that mean we all have
a little bit of male genes(don't read directions)
in us. LOL
I got caught on the uppercase also.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Holly

Post by Holly »

I think we were all just so anxious to get on here, most of us failed to read the directions.