January 2015 Challenge (prize winner on page 8)

troublesmom

Re: January 2015 Challenge

Post by troublesmom »

Debbie your page is super! Love his photos.

Marianne that is a great way to use those pieces. Your hat is terrific and I'm sure it keeps you nice and warm.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Marianne, your LO is way cool even if you did use some waning chalkboard items. :lol: :lol: :lol: Really, I think using them up all on one page is quite brilliant and very effective. AND your hat and scarf are wonderful. I so envy people who can knit. I've tried it several times and it's always an epic fail.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks very much!
I hadn't knit for many years but after Robin started, I couldn't resist the call of the yarn. It's like paper, one ball here, one ball there.......
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Marianne! I love it! Brilliant idea!
I've tried knitting without success but I can quilt (it caught my eye immediately). Your sweater is beautiful and I love that you're still wearing it.
How fun that the page you created documents several of your other creations!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:Marianne! I love it! Brilliant idea!
I've tried knitting without success but I can quilt (it caught my eye immediately). Your sweater is beautiful and I love that you're still wearing it.
How fun that the page you created documents several of your other creations!
It was just luck, Pam, that the items in the photo all had a story. Thanks!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is another one for Use It All Up. A whole sheet of BG Highline stickers saying things I thought I would never use. I also managed some enamel dots before they aren't trendy anymore. The photo is definitely not trendy, that's me 26+ years ago. Another one for my Book of Me. The sketch was in both Christy's and Debbie's Pinterest boards. It's from January 2015, http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.com/

The black cut words took about 3 hours on the Cameo. It wouldn't have taken so long if I had looked for a tutorial at the start instead of winging it. I would recommend this video if you want to create connected text.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UzisSRJR_Y
Attachments
Awesome Things Will Happen.jpg
Awesome Things Will Happen.jpg (173.18 KiB) Viewed 310 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

great layout
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Oh, Marianne, I love this. This sketch is so far out of my wheelhouse that I think I need to try it just to stretch a bit. I love your use of all those stickers! Sorry the Cameo took you so long. I haven't even turned mine on in months. Uh oh
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Love, love, love that! It is a sketch I've been threatening to use. You did a great job of using all that package of words and doo dads and works perfectly with that sketch.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great page, Marianne! As the layout says, 'epic' use of that sheet of stickers. I gotta assume Robin is the Awesome Thing - or one of them, anyway ;)

Thanks for the Cameo tut; I'm squirreling those away for when I uncover mine after this current album is done.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

A.maz.ing
You did a wonderful job with that sketch!
It may have taken you hours to cut that title but there's no way I could have figured it out on my own. Kudos.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Keitha wrote:Great page, Marianne! As the layout says, 'epic' use of that sheet of stickers. I gotta assume Robin is the Awesome Thing - or one of them, anyway ;)

Thanks for the Cameo tut; I'm squirreling those away for when I uncover mine after this current album is done.
Funny you noticed the 'epic' sticker. I saw that on the Heidi Swapp pack of words and thought I'd never use it so on it went. Once you get over the idea of putting every sticker on one layout then you go looking for other stuff. It's hard to stop.
Several of the floral things are from another BG pack of little bits.

Yes, Robin is the awesome thing.

Pam, I spent hours trying to connect the letters myself but the tutorial made it much easier, just follow along with her.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Marianne that is a wonderful layout. I love how you just stick them all on there. I'm trying to do that now with some of mine. Good way to use them up for sure.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wow Marianne! Another winner and another sheet of stickers less in your stash! How cool is that? This is a knockout LO for sure and good for you jumping in with your Cameo.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Okay - I finally finished this package of die cuts from Elle Studio. Finally.
I still don't have photos from my son yet but when I do get them, there are two pages ready.
The grey smudges on the first one is actually silver gelato. It's shimmery IRL. I used gesso first to tone down the aqua.
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG (184.64 KiB) Viewed 283 times
On the second one, I used a die that Monica sent me in my Christmas box (the hexagon die). I think I'll put two 4 x 4 photos on this one to cover the space where I had to piece the B&W paper. This started out as a horizontal design and ended up being vertical. Go figure.
IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG (165.66 KiB) Viewed 283 times
Pam Cook #48