Red Challenge (post no later than 2/9)

mpizzazz

Re: Red Challenge (post no later than 2/9)

Post by mpizzazz »

Julie, maybe you just need to mix the vellum in with the regular paper. I did try that once but it was pain because it was so floppy but in theory and if your paper is is rigid files, it seems like a good idea.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Way to go!! I love awarding bonus points!

Yes, vellum is "back". I have a huge pad of it from when Cara was in school. It's not quite the same but you better believe I'll use it!
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Actually Marianne, I wasn't referring to the vellum sheets - though I do have a hefty stack of those that is in the same rack as my solid colored cardstock, now that you mention it. But it's at the very top where I tend to forget about it. Same is true about my mulberry paper.

What I was talking about where those vellum quotes - remember when you used to get those in "quote stack" books? Yeah, I've got an entire drawer of that stuff still. I used vellum quotes on both of the layouts I posted here. However, I am now reminded that I also have solid vellum sheets that I need to utilize more. As I was going through it all today, I considered subdividing it all into baggies by theme - largely boy, girl, baby, etc. But there were lots of things that I realized I really couldn't categorize that clearly. But I do need to do something to make those quotes easier to use.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh wow Julie. Well done. Going back in time and using some great old stash material. Winners all around.

I'm hoping to get some pictures of my fun weekend with Jen and Nancy made tomorrow for some quick pages.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

jfugina wrote:Actually Marianne, I wasn't referring to the vellum sheets - though I do have a hefty stack of those that is in the same rack as my solid colored cardstock, now that you mention it. But it's at the very top where I tend to forget about it. Same is true about my mulberry paper.

What I was talking about where those vellum quotes - remember when you used to get those in "quote stack" books? Yeah, I've got an entire drawer of that stuff still. I used vellum quotes on both of the layouts I posted here. However, I am now reminded that I also have solid vellum sheets that I need to utilize more. As I was going through it all today, I considered subdividing it all into baggies by theme - largely boy, girl, baby, etc. But there were lots of things that I realized I really couldn't categorize that clearly. But I do need to do something to make those quotes easier to use.
I'm sure a lot of us know what you mean about those quotes. I only ever had a few of them that were travel themed. I cleaned out some more of them yesterday and they are in the giveaway bag. I found them very hard to use.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I threw mine out years ago - all but a very few. The concept was great but I found them hard to use also. I kept a couple just for the quotes - will probably never use them either. Those were the days - supplies were few and far between, weren't they?
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Actually the quote I put on the 'clouds in the valley' layout recently was a quote from one of those vellum things but I just hand wrote it instead.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I actually loved those vellum quotes - still kinda do. But I agree completely that they're hard to use. I dug out some vellum adhesive just for these layouts, and was reminded that even the stuff they made specifically for vellum never really worked that well. I think it's because of vellum that I own so many brads. LOL.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

jfugina wrote:I actually loved those vellum quotes - still kinda do. But I agree completely that they're hard to use. I dug out some vellum adhesive just for these layouts, and was reminded that even the stuff they made specifically for vellum never really worked that well. I think it's because of vellum that I own so many brads. LOL.
:lol:
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Don't fall off your chair but I did 2 paper layouts
One is of Maddy last fall doing homework
second is of Jenn, olivie, & Joe at a hockey game
Maddy's layout is between a red and hot pink
Attachments
Madison8-2013.jpg
Madison8-2013.jpg (159.34 KiB) Viewed 194 times
HockeyGame2013.jpg
HockeyGame2013.jpg (151 KiB) Viewed 194 times
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, that's some nice bright colors on this white and brown snowy day, Jill!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

thanks ad I just realized I upladed the wrong hockey photo
I added some brads to it, will fix in a minute
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Beautiful kids!
Thanks for playing!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Jill you are sooo funny. So while you are still off of your chairs from Jill just stay put because :-o I made not only a LO for this challenge but my FIRST Project Life type LO. :shock: :shock: :shock:

And I will say this type of scrapping may just get me back into scrapping. I L.O.V.E. doing IT!
Attachments
Squirrel Girls PL LO 1.jpg
Squirrel Girls PL LO 1.jpg (171.48 KiB) Viewed 190 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

great job on the layouts
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois