New Beginnings Inchie Swap - updated 2/09

KnitterPam

Re: New Beginnings Inchie Swap - updated 2/09

Post by KnitterPam »

Go for it - I had an idea - what about a 1-2-3 Swap - make some combo (either the hostess will specify or the participant can make any choice) of inchies, twinchies and thrinchies. Whaddya think? I find myself making any of the above these days, depending on what scraps I have left or what muse grabs me...
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

KnitterPam wrote:Hi guys - great job on the inchies! They are going postal on Monday. Enjoy and thanks for the goodies! Check out the Artifacts layouts on Club Scrap's website- several of them have places where inchies would work great. Also - try out the Nine of Hearts card from the ALCM Idea Deck - I enclosed one for each of you to use.

Have a great week!
Can't wait :cool5:
flojo

Post by flojo »

I want to do a 2-3 combo. I like making thrincies and put twinchies on top. Or would that just be a thrinchie. :lol:
Holly

Post by Holly »

How about a 3-3-3-3 with 3 each of inchies, twinchies, trinichies, and moos (1x3's) or 3 rinchies (round inchies)

That would give a nice variety, and we wouldn't get bored making them :lol:
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Holly,
Would that be 3 actually inchies or three dozen inchies (i.e. 36)? I am thinking of hosting this one.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Well---Lynn the short answer is 36, and I'll explain with a long answer.

If we go with the 3-3-3-3 idea-- then that means each 12 (one dozen) of ours would be made up of 3 inchies, 3 twininches, 3 trininchies and 3 Moos or rinchies

If we each make one dozen packets to swap-- then that means we would be making 36 each of the inchies, twinchies, trinches, and moos or rinchies (3 apiece for 12 packets== 36 total of each kind)

36 each x4 kinds means a total of 144 pieces

And I think we should have to package them that way for you, so it is less confusing for your swapping out. Make sense?
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Holly,
I think that would be overwhelming. I'd rather do 3 dozen inchies and 3 of each of the others. Then if people want do more then one set, they can.
Holly

Post by Holly »

So how would that work...you would do 36 inchies and 3 what? for each packet? or total for swap? How would you split them to swap out? Would that be a one for one swap? I don't understand what you are saying here.
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

I guess what I was thinking was 3 dozen inchies, 3 twinchies, 3 thrinchies and 3 moos per set. Each person can make as many "sets" as they want and they will get back as many as they make. Does that make sense? So for some people, it might be a one for one swap. Others may make 5 sets and get back 5 sets. I'd probably place a limit, say a maximum of 6 sets. The benefit of doing it that way is that more people might be willing to participate since it is almost like 4 swaps in one.
Holly

Post by Holly »

So --each set would have a total of 45 pieces and that would only be a swap to one other player? I am not too sure many will go for that kind of work. That is way more than what I suggested, because 2 sets are 90 pieces, and 3 sets are 135 pieces.--which means you would only get swaps with 3 players. I don't think I would be in for that-- too much for me, with potentially little variety coming back.

Or are you saying 3 twinchies is a set; or 3 moos are a set; or 36 inches make a set, etc ? Sorry I still am confused by what would be a set. And would this type of set be swapped only with a like set---for example 3 moos get swapped with someone else moos, but not with inchies? Sorry I am such a twit.
Holly

Post by Holly »

What about a 3 twinchies, 3 trinchies, 3 moos , 3 rinchies set. no inchies at all. or is that out of the question?

Or did I just come full circle on this?
flojo

Post by flojo »

Okay, I understood Holly the first time, then it all just became feduddled. So post when you get it figured out in dummie language and I'll play. :lol:

I've never made a rinchie or a moo so that would be interesting. (I do know what they are though)

I can count to 144. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paula

Post by Paula »

Holly wrote:What about a 3 twinchies, 3 trinchies, 3 moos , 3 rinchies set. no inchies at all. or is that out of the question?

Or did I just come full circle on this?
You crack me up!! :lol: :lol: :tomato:

Paula
KnitterPam

Post by KnitterPam »

The way I understand it, was the original 3-3-3-3, 3 of each. Each little baggie you make up contains 3 inchies, 3 twinchies, 3 trinchies and 3 moos/rinchies. Each person could do 12 baggies of each set, so in total, you'd be making 36 of each kind of "chie".

That makes sense to me. And as Lynn (hasmom) said, you can do as many sets as you want, but each set would have 12 little baggies. Right?

I think that sounds fun! Count me in when we figure it out, oK? :anyone:
Holly

Post by Holly »

Pam-- I think you just confused me more, since that is what I proposed to begin with, and Lynn thought it was too much work.

Lynn- since you are hosting--set it up the way you want, and don't worry about me.