November 2009 Scrapbooking Challenge WINNER!!

katymjo

Re: November 2009 Scrapbooking Challenge

Post by katymjo »

I'm hoping to play along too.
Kathryn.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Someone please explain how this happens. Within a matter of a few months, DGD has gone from "cute toddler" to an adorable little 3 year-old girl. Okay, I might be biased, but I do believe she is adorable.
I didn't have white chipboard so I flipped this piece over and used the back (BG). Disney, something-Bicycle, and a scrap from my stash. The beads are on a pin on the tag.
CASE'd from a layout on Wilna's blog. Rub ons are mostly Fancy Pants. Thanks to Honey for the letter stickers!

DGD Mia on her way to Stakes Day at the Melbourne Cup.
2009_1115Mar080014 (Medium).JPG
2009_1115Mar080014 (Medium).JPG (106.16 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

a beautiful, striking LO...worthy of the beautiful little lady!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

She's BEAUTIFUL (layout not bad either :D )
and as for the growing up thing-I'd like it to stop---or at least slow down for a while
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Gorgeous photo and layout, Pam!!!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

She's so adorable Pam! Great job on the challenge.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Just beautiful!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I struggled with this challenge and I can assure you I have never personally used three patterned papers on one layout so I was way out of my comfort zone. Since I was so far out anyway, I went a little crazy with technique, etc. So the papers I used were Provocraft (the purple strips), 7 Gypsies (the top strip) and Rainbow world Masterpiece Studios (the wine country piece). The beads are on a strip to the right of the large photo of grapes. The chipboard is the word Vogel and the ampersand sign. I painted the letters (white Heidi Swapp chipboard) with Tim Holtz crackle paint. Wasn't happy with how they looked so I added stickles. The @ is just inked with Vintage Photo distress ink. The strip with the word Bogle was sprayed with tea dye stain over Tim Holtz and Heidi Swapp masks. I enjoyed this challenge as it made me get way out of my box. Thanks for looking.

Jennifer
Attachments
November Challenge.jpg
November Challenge.jpg (80.61 KiB) Viewed 394 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You need to step out more! ;)
What a beautiful layout! Great combination of papers and I'm impressed that you altered your chipboard.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pam and Jennifer those are fantastic layouts. Pam they sure to grow up fast don't they. She will give her mom and dad fits when she hits the teen years and has all the boys chasing her ;)

Jennifer that is terrific use of those papers. Great job with stepping out of your comfort zone.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

That is way awesome to be out of your comfort zone. You really did a great job! :clap:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

nice layout Jennifer. Way to stretch your limits and create a fantastic piece
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Way to go, Jennifer!! That is beautiful! I am so happy that this challenge got you so far out of your comfort zone and that you did such a great job with it! Now you will be able to do it anytime you want. :clap: :clap: :clap:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Thank you all so much for your supportive comments. I feel like a million bucks right now.
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

I'm right with you there, Jennifer. Using three patterned papers is way out of my comfort zone too!
This is another layout from our trip to Austria. Venzone is a little town just over the border into Italy, which was devastated by an earthquake in 1976 and rebuilt just as it had been before the disaster struck.
The three papers are DCWV - the grey flowery one, the peach one is Magenta and the terracotta stripe is PSX. The chipboard square from Deja Views is at lower right. I put some wooden beads around the strip that says "Resurrection".
Kathryn.
Attachments
Venzone-02.jpg
Venzone-02.jpg (94.28 KiB) Viewed 366 times