Well, the CS JR Spoiler is up (m)

pbp908

Re: Well, the CS JR Spoiler is up (m)

Post by pbp908 »

I had a similar experience. I called and changed from Jr. to Sr. after the Cyprus kit. I had already GHMed the Sr. Cyprus to come with my Jr. Cyprus, and I called right after the Jr. shipped (right after the 15th) to change my membership. I was told that my Sr. kit would start with the October kit - Private Eye. The following week I received another Cyprus Sr. kit, which would have shipped to me after the 20th. So now I have two Sr. kits and one Jr. I was a bit perturbed but let it ride. Now I hear that I'm not the only one. Maybe I should have called and complained. And I didn't get my birthday discount until almost the end of Sept. so didn't even get to use it. It was left out of my Jr. kit and was included in the second Sr.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

One month I was sent 2 kits
in error and called to get a label
to send it back and I was told to
not worry about sending it back,
just to keep it. If you wanted to use
your birthday discount, you should have just called
to get the code. CS has superior customer
service and they would have accomodated
you. I think the discount at one time only came with
the Sr. kit. Does it come with every kit now?
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Connie Catlin

Post by Connie Catlin »

I wasn't thrilled with some of the recent kits either (except Cyprus which is my new all-time fav!) but I've learned that the ones I think I don't like are the ones that often work best with photos. And the ones I love the most at first (Ivory Elegance for example) hardly work with any photos. But since I'm a cardmaker, they often make the best cards. Lesson for me - never return a kit!

I always call to make changes though - Vicki or Rita usually do it right while I'm on the phone if they aren't busy.
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

I got this month's jr kit yesterday and was surprised to see some of the same 'goodies' in it as Sr. About the only difference was the alphas and cutouts-which I rarely use. My big problem was that it cost $11 to ship 12 pieces of paper and a few ouces of doodads. This is too much for me. I am cancelling jr. I know everyone has their preferences, but I have liked most of this year's kits. Ginny and I both almost quit last year because we didn't like 75% of the kits last year, but decided to hang in there for a few more months to see what the new year brought and were glad we did. Now with the increase in price and in shipping I am not sure it's worth it. I will keep Sr, although I dropped the UMs and if I really want some of the extra paper I can always add it on to the next month. I have such a huge stash I can't forsee a time that I will need it so quickly that I can't wait until next month.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

My stash is breeding behind my back and getting larger and larger. I might have to drop out for a few months to get the stacks down. This month's kit is one that will be probably be sorted by color and filed - it just doesn't do anything for me. But neither did W&S and I don't think I have a piece of it left. I agree about Ivory Elegance - that was a gorgeous kit but it's still sitting. I never found the right pics to go with it, so I'm thinking that it's time to mix it in with the rest and find a use for it. Over the past few years there have been many months when I didn't like the kits, and almost quit when one year was running 50/50 for me. Then we'd get several months in a row and I'd like everything. I think that they've got a wide range of tastes to design for and can't hit everyone all the time, so while I'm unhappy, others are jumping for joy. And that really is as it should be.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
neith

Post by neith »

The patterns for this month are ok... I don't usually buy other brands, so some good stripey patterns here and there are a good thing... but the patterns don't thrill me... however, the color combo is one that I love! Waiting to show a new book that I made... I think I could give a teaser?? The rest I'll show later as it's a design team submission for another site... The beads are pretty also.. I used up so many on the spine of this book that I may order more!

Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

That is BEAUTIFUL, Neith!! :creating: TFS!
neith

Post by neith »

I really do love the colors together :) I'll show you more once I can!
nancine

Post by nancine »

EDelValle wrote:One month I was sent 2 kits
in error and called to get a label
to send it back and I was told to
not worry about sending it back,
just to keep it. If you wanted to use
your birthday discount, you should have just called
to get the code. CS has superior customer
service and they would have accomodated
you. I think the discount at one time only came with
the Sr. kit. Does it come with every kit now?
I used to only get CStamp and now get Jr. and Stamp. I never get a birthday discount. I think it kind of stinks that only Sr. get it.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I started with Stamp, because I'm a stamper, then added pops automaticlly. If I like the b&b ums, I added those as a kit add on. I added Jr. because stamp only comes with 8 1/2x11 paper, and I thought I might make a few pages. The stencil was great, and I loved the matching ink pads.

Once money became tight, I had to give up Jr. because I couldn't justify the shipping. Then I had to give up my pops, then it didn't seem like such a good deal, with the high shipping. At the same time, I was turned on to a local paper supply house, and could get really good stuff for really inexpensive. So I gave up all paper and added digital. With digital, I can print out the "stamps" as a full page, or make them larger or smaller or change their color, so they became digital stamps for me. I still miss the paper though, and love it when people send me pops.

I cancelled my digi membership, because frankly, I need to watch every penny these days, but I will probably buy a kit or two eventually if I really like them... or they finally come out with an Aviary kit!
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Neith your book is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

If you can stand to wait each month, you can have JR and St shipped with your next month's SR and it will only cost you the $2 for extra shipping. You do run the risk of JR selling out before ST comes available in GHM, but now that you can add up to $50 to with kit orders you can get both of them. I was ordering one or the other as an add on to my next month's SR for the last few months and it works just fine.
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

I canceled Sr b/c I don't care for any of the side options. I don't usually like the stamps, don't use the cutouts or beads, and make cards with POPs so don't really need G2G. I'm not loving most of the kits this year. I love Cruisin' though b/c I have several pics of old cars! I canceled Sr before that shipped - and they shipped it anyway, which turned out to be a good thing. Then I didn't get Sr Cyprus, and bought all the paper at retreat lol. I like the amount of paper in Jr better, b/c unless I love a kit, I don't want that many pages using it. I love that I get to see the theme before I get my kit, and add on if I want. I don't mind the shipping cost too much since I get POPs added and those are heavy.

I have to stay a member or I won't be able to go to retreat though!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Malleybean wrote:I have to stay a member or I won't be able to go to retreat though!
That's what I did! lol

Then I realized you could go as a 'friend', and only pay $50 more.
Holly

Post by Holly »

I'm currently signed up for the digi HA. That way I will see everything this month and will narrow it down for the future, although, I think I may have enough digi files to last a lifetime, and there are so many places that give digi files free. Last note I just downloaded another 49 different freebies, and sometimes that's more than enought to do LOs. I can post here, whereas before, I would have to sneak in an element or two on CS LOs only.