ScorIt or ScorPal

Save some $ Find out what works
Connie Catlin

Re: ScorIt or ScorPal

Post by Connie Catlin »

Hey guys, I stand my Scor-It on it's side and it only takes up a couple inches - it's next to my huge cutting mat on a work table - when I need to make some scores I just lay it on top of the cutting mat, then it's back on its side. It won't stay on its side alone, must be leaning against something like the wall.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I have a big score-it. love it, use it constantly. Once you use one, you'll never go back. Folds are professional and paper doesn't tear or break. the little one is cute, and if someone gaveme one as a gift, I'd love it, but it doesn't do very much, and doesn't do tall cards, so I would never buy one.

Score pal, never tried it.

Score it trick... use velcro with adhesive to keep the little pieces together! put the velcro on top of the board, and some on the tool and some on the marker. keeps it all together.
Monica

Post by Monica »

I keep mine right next to my desk, on the floor, leaning against a small bookcase. In reach but out of the way.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

ESIDER wrote:I just bought a Scor-Pal at the stamping convention we had in Milwaukee last weekend. I haven't used it yet and probably won't be able to try it out for awhile. I haven't seen many good comments about it yet and I now I can't take it back if I don't like it! Errrrrr...
There is a Scor-Pal group on Yahoo and they have some gret tips and ideas. I really really like mine. I had actually bought a Scor-It then took it back and got the Scor-Pal.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

I am so happy you asked this question. I've been wondering the same thing. I have the scoring blade for my huge Fiskars but it creases uneven. (big shock from Fiskars I know :roll: )
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Thanks to everyone for all the advice.

MalleyBean, can you explain the Crafter's Companion to me? I'd like to know more about it.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

The good thing about the Scor-Pal is you have lots of different marks for scoring. You want to do an accordian, they actually have the markings there for that. The sheet that is with it gives you scores for Basic Greeting card, Gate Folds, Double Accoridion Gate, and then the are place for non standard scores. Check out their web site at:
www.scor-pal.com

no affiliation but I love the product. BTW - Archivers sells it but none of the other craft stores. You can buy it online.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

Hasmom99 wrote:Thanks to everyone for all the advice.

MalleyBean, can you explain the Crafter's Companion to me? I'd like to know more about it.
Their website will do a better job than me lol http://crafterscompanion.com/. I have the Top Score and Enveloper, and like them both. With the scoring I was confused at first b/c I had my paper at the wrong end (which I'm sure wouldn't have happened if *someone* had read the directions lol. It has several lines for different folds and different size papers.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Jenn doesn't like long conversations..... :poke:
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Malleybean wrote:(which I'm sure wouldn't have happened if *someone* had read the directions lol.

What are these "directions" you speak of? IO have never heard of such a thing. :cool17:
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

Luanne wrote:Jenn doesn't like long conversations..... :poke:
Yeah, I was completely silent and ignored you during those days I spent at your house lol
ErinLovesRats

Post by ErinLovesRats »

I have a scoring blade on my trimmer, but would these be better? If Archivers sells them, I do have one near me. I don't know if I really need one, though.
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Erin,
I had been using the scoring blade on my Fiskars trimmer, but noticed recently that it is not scoring well anymore, especially on CS paper, which is a problem will all the projects I have waiting to be done. So I'm trying to decide what to do.