Creative Memories filed chapter 11 bankruptcy today

ChristyB

Re: Creative Memories filed chapter 11 bankruptcy today

Post by ChristyB »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:Not much interested in CM one way or the other...BUT....thanks to Sharon V!!!! for the heads up on the 50% off the distress ink daubers....you just cost me $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (enabler!!)
I wonder what their sales were for today? :angel:
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

LOL LOL LOL I am sorry.... NOT!
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Wow, it still amazes me how controlling they are about using other products. I love the look of the outside of their albums. I just dont like the strap hinge pages. I have to say, I'm not shocked they are filing. They should have grown with the industry.
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

I don't mind the strap-hinge, and have used them for years. A former CMC told me that there are a couple brands of regular top-loading page protectors that will work though - can't recall which.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I've found top-loading strap hinge refills at Michaels before. I still had to trim off a half inch to make the layouts drop in nicely, but they worked. They were lots more expensive though. To do a whole album with the drop in pages was probably $50-60 between the cover and all of the drop-ins.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Luly

Post by Luly »

Wow, I am sorry to hear that. As Luanne said I sell SU and know a lot of companies are very strict on what you do with their products. SU seems to have stayed pretty current with changes in the industry like making websites more functional etc. We all know CS makes similar changes in order to stay current. Hopefully this is not a sign of whats to come.