Question about inks

Save some $ Find out what works
Monica

Re: Question about inks

Post by Monica »

It also helps to stamp those polymer stamps with something like Archival ink first. I use my black archival ink to break in new clear stamps, as I've found dye inks will simply pool on the surface otherwise, creating blotchy images.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Sometimes you have to "prep" the stamps before you get a good solid image. I've actually had to rough up a few of my new stamps before they'd accept ink evenly. (Well, not so rough, but I think you know what I mean. Just a light once over with an emery board.) Also, you might try inking up with Perfect Medium and just wiping it off instead of cleaning the stamp. That works for me sometimes. Monica's got a great tip, too.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Augh! I tried erasers & skin oil. Completely forgot about Staz On!
I've never tried an emery board.
Y'all are the best!
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

My main go to inks are Stampin' Up! I also use the Club Scrap inks. Have no problem BUT you really need a good solid surface to stamp on. I love Versa Mark also, I have many brands to play with.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I have so many ink from everywhere

I like India ink best I have a few colors in it
It's great if you want to color on it or add water
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nancine

Post by nancine »

Monica wrote:It also helps to stamp those polymer stamps with something like Archival ink first. I use my black archival ink to break in new clear stamps, as I've found dye inks will simply pool on the surface otherwise, creating blotchy images.

Oh yes, this is a great tip!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Before going to bed last night, I inked up the stamp set with black Staz On. I really think this is going to help me see the layers better (more contrast on the stamp itself). My inks arrived (from Altenew) so I did a test stamp of each color this morning. Already a big difference. I think partly from priming the stamps with Staz On and partly the ink. Tonight I'll try using the with another set of un-primed stamps to see (comparing to one of my other inks I was having problems with). If I get some good examples, I'll post photos.

I'm sure that if I used image stamps more often, I might not find this all so fascinating. :lol:
Pam Cook #48