Christmas tag swap - finished

pat-czap

Re: Christmas tag swap - time to create!

Post by pat-czap »

Today I received Farley's wonderful tag...thank you!

Here are the ones I've received so far.
rsz_dscn0957.jpg
rsz_dscn0957.jpg (190.35 KiB) Viewed 318 times
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Beautiful Pat! I need to get photos of the tags & cards I've received.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Not being involved, I really am not entitled to an opinion. But I was thinking it would be cool to everyone a number next year, like the 12 tags of Christmas. It wouldn't have to necessarily be a theme like the song but it would be kind of cool to have tags with different numbers on them. Just a thought. Or it could be a theme but done with whatever you have in your collection. For instance, I noticed recently that Ellen Hutson has a set of stamps for the 12 days but they're totally non-traditional. I'm rambling. Just throwing that out to the universe.

I am thinking I will have to join this swap next year and may use the monthly challenges for tags instead of cards. Because, much to my dismay, I have discovered that I have a huge backlog of Christmas cards. I am going to have to locate another charity to gift my cards. I sent a few to soldiers at Walter Reed this year. Next year, I will have to send even more. OK, back to your regularly scheduled programs.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Dang it, Cheryl. Thanks for alerting me to that false Soldier request. I took it down immediately.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pat-czap wrote:Today I received Farley's wonderful tag...thank you!

Here are the ones I've received so far.
rsz_dscn0957.jpg

Great Pat...thanks!

Jen, I've been eyeing those 12 Days of Christmas stamps by Julie Ebersole. They are adorable and that is my favorite holiday theme.
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

So many people post that and I learned several years ago that is not true.
ScrappinJen wrote:Dang it, Cheryl. Thanks for alerting me to that false Soldier request. I took it :P down immediately.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Jen, I think the twelve days is a great idea. The last year that Tim did his tags, I did the 12 days and was so glad I did when I found it was the last year. It is my favorite theme, too.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:Jen, I think the twelve days is a great idea. The last year that Tim did his tags, I did the 12 days and was so glad I did when I found it was the last year. It is my favorite theme, too.

I participated in his 12 Days one year and those 12 tags always are on my tree. I even one a set of stamps from him that year.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Oh, I meant I interpreted the song the 12 Days of Christmas on the tags the last year. That's confusing because there were 12 tags every year! :?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Farley's tag arrived today! Love the birds, of course, especially the little Robin. What kind of shimmery paper is the wreath made of? And the cardboard is really special, too! Thanks :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:Farley's tag arrived today! Love the birds, of course, especially the little Robin. What kind of shimmery paper is the wreath made of? And the cardboard is really special, too! Thanks :lol:

Thanks. Liked that "bonus", did you? :D

That shimmery copper card stock I used for the wreath is from a long ago purchase when we still had a Paper Zone in the Sacramento area. I'm sure Jen will remember that wonderful place also. It was a shrine to awesome paper and related products. It closed many years ago sadly. I am very stingy with it and some other wonderful card stock I bought there. The bird background I used for all the tags is a cocktail napkin! Just too pretty to not use for a card or tag.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Ahhh, a cocktail napkin. I've been looking at that tag's background and wondering what you did! I believe you mentioned this a while ago, I think a technique you were teaching for your crafting group???
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pat-czap wrote:Ahhh, a cocktail napkin. I've been looking at that tag's background and wondering what you did! I believe you mentioned this a while ago, I think a technique you were teaching for your crafting group???

Yes Pat, this is the technique I taught my neighborhood bead (now craft) group. I peel the two layers of the backing off and then cover a piece of plain, cheapish white card stock with a glue stick. Then carefully lay the printed remaining part of the napkin onto the card stock and gently smooth out the wrinkles and then trim it. Once the glue dries it is also fun to then run it through an embossing folder. But for these tags I just left them plain.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks for explaining, Farley. I hadn't even felt the background yet! Awhile ago we did a napkin swap at a ReCreate or here on the forum. They are wonderful paper to work with. Even the wrinkles you get are interesting.

I hope someone posts here over the next several days, I'm off to the creative wilderness where everyone will just have their heads in their electronic devices. But I'm taking things to work on-knitting and embroidery and some reading. And, I have a new tablet I'm supposed to get to know. :roll:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Thanks for explaining Farley, it is a very nice effect.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA