MY EARRINGS

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
troublesmom

Re: MY EARRINGS

Post by troublesmom »

These are going to be Christmas gifts. Maybe if I ever get good enough I will sell them. They are fun to make.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

BekiWard@msn.com wrote:Julie, weaving beads is intriguing...tell us more!
Um, here's what I know about bead weaving. I asked for a book for Christmas one year and got the book. I looked at the instructions for the easiest looking stitch and ran screaming.

That is the extent of my knowledge of bead weaving. :tomato:

Here's an example of a woven bracelet. I'm thinking I'd start with something smaller...

http://www.beadingdaily.com/media/p/84014.aspx
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wow! I for sure do not have that kind of patience.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Cynthia in SC

Post by Cynthia in SC »

Yikes Julie! I get scared just looking at that bracelet. I remember some craft kit that I received for Christmas as a child that involved beading that looked similar but it was WAY-Y-Y too complicated for me (or any child for that matter, what were they thinking?).
Cynthia in SC

Post by Cynthia in SC »

Now that I think about it, the old Allene's TV show about 10 years ago went through a phase of beading segments and I even bought some of supplies. Wonder where that stuff is now?
betty innc

Post by betty innc »

Hey Cynthia, I'll take one of those braclets for Christmas! I just saw that you were on here and thought I would put my order in early so you will have plenty of time to do it.

Betty (Mama)
Cynthia in SC

Post by Cynthia in SC »

Haha, Mama made a funny!! Can you see me trying to do that with my cats? I think NOT!! Maybe you can sweet talk Julie, Sandra, or Cheryl.
betty innc

Post by betty innc »

Your only have 4 cats and I have 8 so you have a better chance of doing it than me.

Betty
Cynthia in SC

Post by Cynthia in SC »

Not until I get new glasses. Besides, you may have more cats, but I have a HUSBAND. (Sometimes I would prefer the cats when I'm trying to craft.)