Album Journalling Layout

katymjo

Album Journalling Layout

Post by katymjo »

When we go on holiday I keep a diary every day, where I note down all the interesting and quirky things that might later get forgotten.
Instead of writing a lot of journalling on my layouts, I make Diary Pages where I copy out chunks from the diary and scatter little photos and embellishments among them. It works well when there aren't enough photos to make a layout, or there are extras that you want include somewhere.
I insert the Diary Pages throughout the album, so that you can read the entries for a couple of days or so, and then see the layouts.
Kathryn.
Attachments
Album-Journalling-Layout.jpg
Album-Journalling-Layout.jpg (98.7 KiB) Viewed 228 times
ChristyB

Re: Album Journalling Layout

Post by ChristyB »

I love that idea Kathryn.
I usually keep journals while traveling and them copy the info on to my pages. this looks neater
Paula

Post by Paula »

great idea!!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great idea - when I return from a trip and start printing photos, I remember things that happened or that I saw and wonder why I don't have photos of them. Perfect solution!
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I am looking forward to using this idea on our trip in the fall. Saves time for sure.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

This is really great Kathryn! I've been better about keeping travel journals in the past, but I've gotten lazy about it lately, which isn't good. And now that I tend to travel with a laptop, I have even less of an excuse. I used to come back home and transcribe all of my hand-written notes, and then print out the typed journaling in whatever sized chunks would fit, and sometimes just print out an entire 8.5x11 page on vellum. I still do complete journaling pages on occasion - much easier with digi scrapping.

In any case - I love what you're doing! I need to get back in the habit of keeping a travel diary. I'm currently trying to scrap our last two vacations, and I'm finding that without the diary, I'm having a lot more trouble trying to do the journaling. Not because I can't figure out what the photo represents, but I'm missing all of those little quirky bits that made the trip interesting. And those are the best parts of the book!

Great job on these journaling pages!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Love this idea, Kathryn. I don't journal nearly enough.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Ditto, Kathryn. It's a great idea.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I always jot notes on vacation because I find it so much easier afterwards to remember what all the pictures are. The quirky things I remember - the volumes of info the tour guide gives that sometimes eludes me. I've never done just pages of those though. I usually transcribe all of them and hide it behind my pictures.

I recently decided to do a few layouts of things my kids have said. I wish I had more pictures of "things" because remembering some of their stories is hilarious. For that I was going to use your idea of a small "representative" picture and the story.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Wonderful idea...thanks for sharing.
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

This a great idea Kathryn. I do this on a major trip, but usually just where we went, etc. I will have to remember to do it more in a journal format with the stories and things I want to remember and then include it in the albumn (wihtout having to redo it like I usually do). This will make it much easier. I think I will make up a journal book like Christy does with my bind it all for our Disney trip and leave places for some of those stories. Just thought of that after reading this post. Now to remember to do it!!!!

Another idea I started about three years ago is to keep a calendar page for each month with notes and tiny pictures. I just find one of those large calendars that I think is worthy of using in my albumn, tear apart the pages. I put it on the left side of the first two pageer of each month in my album and embelish just like any other page. It really helps me with choosing pics and journaling to scrap. It gives me the month at a glance.

Thanks for all the ideas ladies, that's one reason I love this group so much. Oh yeah, and you ladies are the greatest!
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage