Cara D'Arche--aka Neocolor

New tricks to amaze your friends
ChristyB

Cara D'Arche--aka Neocolor

Post by ChristyB »

There has been a bit of talk about the neocolors.

I love using them. Several have asked what they are, where to find etc.

I get mine at Dick Blick but am sure other art places have them. They are quite popular with those that do a lot of art journaling cause of the super rich color you get.

the first pic is the NEOCOLOR I

these are NOT water soluble but the make great resists and provide awesome color.
Attachments
P5130003.JPG
P5130003.JPG (84.68 KiB) Viewed 574 times
ChristyB

Re: Cara D'Arche--aka Neocolor

Post by ChristyB »

these are the
NEOCOLOR II
which are water soluble wax pastels.--they come in over 125 colors and lay down color like nobodies business.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/caran ... s-crayons/

I have several different brands of watercolor crayons but have given all over to the kids except these. If I am stranded on a desert island they are coming with me.
I started with the 15 pack but for my bday bought the 126 pack for myself.
Attachments
P5130006.JPG
P5130006.JPG (85.75 KiB) Viewed 573 times
P5130009.JPG
P5130009.JPG (142.1 KiB) Viewed 573 times
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Hmmm, I'm going to be in Switzerland in the fall. Wonder if they would be cheaper there?????
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Nothing is cheap in Switzerland! And if you spend too much, you'll have to pay duty tax. Just sayin'...
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Thanks Christy for the info...
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Thanks IP, so if I NEED them I'll get them here.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

But, if you use them while in Switzerland, do you still
need to pay duty?
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Not a clue. I do hope we run across a craft store while over there. I am sure there are things I must have ;-)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

troublesmom wrote:Not a clue. I do hope we run across a craft store while over there. I am sure there are things I must have ;-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Go in the stationery stores. You can find gift-wrap paper which is the art paper we buy here in flat sheets draped over wooden dowels in the store. And they sell cloth ribbon instead of the stuff we sell for gift-wrap and bows.

I buy decks of cards wherever I go, mainly because Rowan collects them (or used to, now she just rolls her eyes when I bring home another deck!). Just be aware that in Germany/Switzerland/Austria, you will get B/D/K instead of J/Q/K for the face cards. But you can tell from the pictures who the queens are and who the jacks are!

I like to hang out in the toy stores. You can find toy stores that sell individual pieces of Lego, so you can get exactly what you "need". I don't think I ever went in a craft store while I was there way back when. What was I thinking? The word for art is Kunst, so look for that.

If you like to knit or crochet, you will LOVE the yarn stores!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Thanks for the tips IP! Cards sound neat and won't take up much room. I will try and check out the stationery stores also. Sounds really interesting.
InkPattie wrote:Go in the stationery stores. You can find gift-wrap paper which is the art paper we buy here in flat sheets draped over wooden dowels in the store. And they sell cloth ribbon instead of the stuff we sell for gift-wrap and bows.

I buy decks of cards wherever I go, mainly because Rowan collects them (or used to, now she just rolls her eyes when I bring home another deck!). Just be aware that in Germany/Switzerland/Austria, you will get B/D/K instead of J/Q/K for the face cards. But you can tell from the pictures who the queens are and who the jacks are!

I like to hang out in the toy stores. You can find toy stores that sell individual pieces of Lego, so you can get exactly what you "need". I don't think I ever went in a craft store while I was there way back when. What was I thinking? The word for art is Kunst, so look for that.

If you like to knit or crochet, you will LOVE the yarn stores!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO