Scenic Stamping Chaos

azemigh

Re: Scenic Stamping Chaos

Post by azemigh »

Wonderful! I don't see a mistake either so you covered it up well.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Okay, I found not only my Stampscapes stuff that is done, but a whole slew of Stampbord as well. Guess I bought more of it than I realized! ;) As per request, here are some pictures for you all of Stampscapes stuff:

The first one is of the postards from their booth.... they have them as business cards and it's so great to have a mini work of art to look at for inspiration.

The second one is the make-n-takes I did at convention. The one on the left was from 3 years ago and is done on Stampbord. The one on the right is from last year and is on glossy cardstock (which required a visit to Paper Zone for a ream of glossy cardstock the next time we were across the mountains!). These use the Marvy Matchables ink pads.

And lastly, we have the Stampboard pieces I did after convention, using the Adirondack ink pads. Notice how the colors are more intense (and dark) with the Adirondack pads? This is why I prefer them to the Marvy ones. I think the intensity of the colors really makes for a great scene.

Oh, and I sealed all my Stampbord pieces with a matte finish sealer.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Wow. Those are all incredible!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Just beautiful Monica...I need to stamp on my stampbord more often. I agree BTW about the ink.
Monica

Post by Monica »

The best thing about the Stampbord is that you can simply erase away a mistake with a bit of steel wool, then start over fresh. Of course, if you go nuts and buy a ream of glossy cardstock, mistakes aren't any big deal either.... lolz!

The ones I did at home were simply playing with the stamps I bought, and believe me, I'm not the type to do masking of any sort if I can possibly get away with it.

I go through a lot of those Colorbox Stylus tips when I'm doing this.... for some reason they seem to disintegrate quickly.... but the colors spread so nicely. I haven't tried the TH ink thingie for it yet, but now that I'm thinking about it I bet it would work well. It's just a shame that I can't use the lovely colors of the Distress inks with this, but standard dye inks are still the only ones to use. I wonder if the hybrid inks would work at all? Hmmm.... may have to dig out the stamps and grab a piece of glossy to test this.....

Monica
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

They're all so pretty, Monica. I can't wait to get my hands on some Adirondacks. I found one -- just one -- in my ink pad stash.
Monica

Post by Monica »

The key to good coloring is to start with the lightest colors in the middle, and work your way out to the edge. I also have the tool set for the Stampbord, and it helps to give depth as well. :)

Monica
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Monica, I can't see any pics? Where are they, please?
Paula

Post by Paula »

Monica, absolutely gorgeous :happywave:
Monica

Post by Monica »

Sharonv wrote:Monica, I can't see any pics? Where are they, please?
Sharon, my pictures are hosted by PhotoBucket. I'll try to download them directly once I'm back on that computer.

Monica